Commuting in the rain

jawnn

Nov 17, 2003
What do you do to stay dry in the rain?

I use Gortex pants if it's raining hard and cold but they are too hot for the summer. And I use O2 rain jacket, but they are too short and only good for cold weather also. But they breathe a lot better than Gortex.

I have heard of using tights as a wet suit, but has any one used an actual wet suit? :eek:

It seems to me that in a light rain layers of wool would work. I wish I had fir like animals that just makes the water roll off. :rolleyes:

Most of the time I just get wet. No matter what I wear, I get soaked by my own sweat. Generally I wear something that will keep me warm when damp. I like wool sweaters. On really rainy days, I'll wear a loose fitting windbreaker over the sweater. But I always carry the clothes I intend to wear when I reach my destination either in a back pack or in panniers. The clothes I fold up and put in gallon plastic bags which I crush the air out of so they pack down smaller in my pack.

Trekker2017 said:
Most of the time I just get wet. No matter what I wear, I get soaked by my own sweat. Generally I wear something that will keep me warm when damp. I like wool sweaters. On really rainy days, I'll wear a loose fitting windbreaker over the sweater. But I always carry the clothes I intend to wear when I reach my destination either in a back pack or in panniers. The clothes I fold up and put in gallon plastic bags which I crush the air out of so they pack down smaller in my pack.
+1. This is the only way to be 100% dry after you reach your destination.