Commuting on a bike when there is no shower

Davidm wrote:

> Nah, I'm in Perth.it's fine on the way in, just nasty on the way home :)

All well and good if you start work at 8am. Some of us need our beauty
sleep more than others.. :)

Travis

Terry Collins wrote:
> Travis wrote:
>
> Eerr, washer/flannel wash?
> Or one of those camping showers that is a hose around your neck and you
> pump the water with your feet {:).

That's actually not a bad idea. There is a disabled toilet in our
building, which can be locked from the inside. I'll go check out a
camping place...

Graeme Dods wrote:

> Also, they work a lot better if you keep your
> arm pits looking less like a jungle and more like a front lawn :)

You keep your armpits green?

Theo

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:33:52 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

> Graeme Dods wrote:
>
>> Also, they work a lot better if you keep your
>> arm pits looking less like a jungle and more like a front lawn :)

> You keep your armpits green?

That's the mold. Maybe it's true what the Aussies say about Poms* washing
infrequently?

Graeme

*Not really a Pom :)

Travis wrote:

> Peter Signorini wrote:
>
> > The aluminium 'risk' is to do with developing Alzheimer's disease. This has
> > been claimed for a very long time, however no causal link has been
> > established, and many medical authroities believe there is no link.

> My understanding, and I'm qualified as a chemist, not a doctor, is that
> the condition of Altzheimers produces a chemical brain composition
> which reacts with and binds to Aluminium. As a result, any brain with
> Altzheimers will tend to be abnormally efficient at sponging up
> aluminium ions.
>
> The Aluminium us a symptom of Altzheimers, but not a cause. It doesn't
> seem to even contribute to the other symptoms of Altzheimers, which is
> to say that a special Aluminium-free diet will not do anything to slow
> the development of Altzheimers related dementia.
>
> Like I said, I'm not a medical person (and in fact I haven't even been
> a science person for a number of years, I'm in finance now) so I'm
> hardly an authoritative source on this issue.

I believe aluminium chlorohydrate has been linked with increased risk of
breast cancer. (Don't get into correlation vs causality with me, I never
said Al was bad, I just said that it's marketed as being bad.) Redwin
aluminium-free deodorants contain a 3.5% zinc complex and witch hazel
extract.

Tam

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:13:01 +1000, Tamyka Bell wrote:

> Don't get into correlation vs causality with me, I never
> said Al was bad, I just said that it's marketed as being bad.

Don't worry about aluminium, it's that dihydrogen monoxide you need to be
scared of! <www.dhmo.org>

Graeme

Graeme Dods wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:13:01 +1000, Tamyka Bell wrote:
>
> > Don't get into correlation vs causality with me, I never
> > said Al was bad, I just said that it's marketed as being bad.

> Don't worry about aluminium, it's that dihydrogen monoxide you need to be
> scared of! <www.dhmo.org>
>
> Graeme

I'm more worried about not getting enough bio-available diatomic oxygen
in my dihydrogen monoxide. ;-)

Tam

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Graeme Dods wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:13:01 +1000, Tamyka Bell wrote:
> >
> > > Don't get into correlation vs causality with me, I never
> > > said Al was bad, I just said that it's marketed as being bad.

> > Don't worry about aluminium, it's that dihydrogen monoxide you need to be
> > scared of! <www.dhmo.org>
> >
> > Graeme

> I'm more worried about not getting enough bio-available diatomic oxygen
> in my dihydrogen monoxide. ;-)
>
> Tam

LOL.

One product which annoys and amuses me endlessly is the so-called
"organic water".

Maybe its so-called because it contains benzene, I don't know.

Travis wrote:

> One product which annoys and amuses me endlessly is the so-called
> "organic water".
>
> Maybe its so-called because it contains benzene, I don't know.

We found some organics in a packet of rice yesterday. Helen calls them
weevils.

Theo

Tamyka Bell wrote:

> I believe aluminium chlorohydrate has been linked with increased risk of
> breast cancer.

Only by people trying to market so called "safer" alternatives.

Parbs

Now that you've all scared the wits out of me, I will attend Friday's Lard@rse ride without deodorant. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Lotte

Theo Bekkers said:
Travis wrote:

> One product which annoys and amuses me endlessly is the so-called
> "organic water".
>
> Maybe its so-called because it contains benzene, I don't know.

We found some organics in a packet of rice yesterday. Helen calls them
weevils.

Theo
you're not vegetarian are you? Shouldn't be a problem then.

SteveA

Back on topic. Here is the e-mail I received from Fitness First at Indooroopilly in response to my e-mail enquiring about use of their showers.

Hi there,
Thank you for your email in regards to using our facilities unfortunately you would need to pay a casual visit to use these facilities which is $18.

Kind Regards
Melissa Connor
Customer Care Manager
Fitness First Australia – Indooroopilly
Level 3 Indooroopilly Shopping Centre
322 Moggil Road
Indooroopilly QLD 4068
Tel (07) 3720 4200
Fax: (07) 3720 4299
email: [email protected]

It should be noted that in my original e-mail I said that I would be happy to pay for use of their showers. For instance, I wouldn't mind paying $5 - $10 to use their showers on a Friday so I can do the Lard **** ride. But they want $18 for it. **** them. Royally. I hope their business goes downhill sooner rather than later.

Lotte

LotteBum said:
[...]

When I first started riding there were no showers available at work (hooray that's no longer the case) so I joined up at FF. At the time Suzie was already a member so it cost me fifty bucks a month.

FF as a business truly sucks unless you're self motivated and know what you're doing. It's real easy to do junk hours in those gyms, witness the masses barely raising a sweat on recumbent cycles. Best thing Suzie did was ditch FF for a smaller, more personal gym where there's someone there who actually made her *work*.

EuanB said:
FF as a business truly sucks unless you're self motivated and know what you're doing.

Whoops, that's not accurate is it? As a business it's doing really well (I think).

Second stab, as a method of achieving real results FF truly sucks unless you're self motivated and know what you're doing.

LotteBum wrote:

> Now that you've all scared the wits out of me, I will attend Friday's
> Lard@rse ride without deodorant. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
>
> Lotte

who is scaring who?

Tam *very afraid*