Commuting Report: Week 1

Doug Purdy Said:

> "DejaVU" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Riding on the sidewalk, back when I was an "around the block" cyclist, I ran into a little girl
> 8-10 years old. She was unhurt but I was really bashed up and ended up with my head under the
> front bumper of a car. The cyclist doesn't always win.

A guy stepped off the sidewalk right in front of me today. So, I had to turn to avoid him, and I
went right in front of an oncoming car. The car stopped in time, (all this didn't happen very fast,
so he had lots of time to avoid me), but he still tootled his horn at me. He saw exactly what
happened, but the horn and the look he gave me...

--

QUIPd 1.02: (397 of 658) -> Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...
##2165 #'Mandrake Linux.'

"Johann S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A guy stepped off the sidewalk right in front of me today. So, I had to turn to avoid him, and I
> went right in front of an oncoming car. The car stopped in time, (all this didn't happen very
> fast, so he had lots of time to avoid me), but he still tootled his horn at me. He saw exactly
> what happened, but the horn and the look he gave me...

Isn't that fun? If it wasn't for their marginal use with 2 quick beeps to let someone know you're
there I feel cars would be better offf without horns. They are most often used to insult people
after the accident has been avoided, or worse, in place of the brakes.

Doug Toronto

This has given me much needed inspiration. I hope I can handle the bone chilling winds this winter
here in central Florida!

Roland

"rclose123" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This has given me much needed inspiration. I hope I can handle the bone chilling winds this winter
> here in central Florida!

Not to mention all those hills. Actually, it'd be interesting to see which is hillier, Winnipeg or
Florida. The difference between the high point of the route of the Manitoba Marathon (run in
Winnipeg) to the low point, I'm told (by a past winner) is 28 FEET. Of course the 12 feet you gain
on the bridge on mile 24 feels like 5200 feet.

Jeff