Commuting to 2600 Camino Ramon (SBC) via bike?

Brewster

Guest
I'm new to this group, so take it easy on me! I'm going to be working at SBC's San Ramon facility.
It's huge at 2 million sq. feet of office space on 100 acres. In fact, it's larger than many
regional shopping centers, like Sunvalley Mall! So, I figure that with all the cyclists I see riding
in the S.F. East Bay, some of the posters in this discussion group might even work or have worked in
the past at that facility and could give me some tips on commuting via bike to it.

Such as, where's the best place to store my bike while at work? Is there a shower/locker facility? I
heard that at one time, there was one (as part of the on-site health club) but that the club is now
shut down. I've asked several (non-cyclists)people that work there what the status of the
showers/lockers are but they didn't know.

Anybody have some information/tips?

Brewster

[email protected] (Brewster) wrote in news:87ae9b8d.0307152258.728c3308 @posting.google.com:

> I'm new to this group, so take it easy on me! I'm going to be working at SBC's San Ramon facility.
> It's huge at 2 million sq. feet of office space on 100 acres. In fact, it's larger than many
> regional shopping centers, like Sunvalley Mall! So, I figure that with all the cyclists I see
> riding in the S.F. East Bay, some of the posters in this discussion group might even work or have
> worked in the past at that facility and could give me some tips on commuting via bike to it.
>
> Such as, where's the best place to store my bike while at work? Is there a shower/locker facility?
> I heard that at one time, there was one (as part of the on-site health club) but that the club is
> now shut down. I've asked several (non-cyclists)people that work there what the status of the
> showers/lockers are but they didn't know.
>
> Anybody have some information/tips?
>
> Brewster

Cross-posted to ba.bicycles.

Did you ask SBC about all this?

Where are you commuting from?

David,

Thanks for the cross-post. I sent the Camino Ramon facility manager an e-mail 2 weeks ago and she
said she would check on the status of the showers/lockers but I haven't heard back from her. In the
meantime, I thought I'd post the inquiry, here. I will be commuting from Concord.

--Brewster