Commutting: Kingsford to North Sydney

pug_ant

Jun 15, 2005
Hi,

Im looking at trying to commutte from kingsford in the eastern suburbs of sydney to work in North Sydney. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows a good route that isn't too traffic heavy, I'll be riding about 7:30 in the morning and coming home about 6:00 ish roughly. I'm mainly curious as to the best way of getting to the harbour bridge bike path from this area. I've heard rumours about a bike path that goes through newtown and darling harbour but my exploration ride on saturday to try and find said bike path ended up with me hopelessly lost and no results. I'd prefer to avoid oxford st if possible as this seems to get rather busy, but if this is the best way I guess I'd have to do it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

I do that trip several times a month. I go via Alison St from Randwick to Anzac Pde and continue to Flinders St, passing to the right of the Eastern Distributor tunnel. I turn down Oxford St and then right on to College St. Left on to Park St, then right on to Clarence St. I then ride up the Harbour Br approach ramp, turning on to the footpath via a little ramp to reach the footbridge leading up to Observatory Hill, where Upper Fort St leads to the bridge ramp.
It is busy.
Newtown and Darling Harbour are well off route. I know of no bike path going from the East to Newtown, and I ride that route twice daily.

I commute from Chippendale (next to Broadway) to Nth Sydney a couple of times a week. And ride around the Newtown area sometimes.

If you want to go from Newtown, go down Wilson Street until you turn left into Syd Uni, through Uni, get onto Wattle, then Bridge Road and you are in Darling Harbour. There are no bike paths and traffic ain't great at nights until after 7pm (morning is fine).

I would just follow the two earlier posts on directions :p