compact cranks for 8-speed drivetrain

Michael Roy

Guest
Are there any compact cranks that will work for 8-speed drive?

Michael Roy wrote:
> Are there any compact cranks that will work for 8-speed drive?

ALL compact cranks that are currently available will work juist fine
with an otherwise 8s setup. Don't believe the hype about Campag/shimano
10s this or that. An 8s chain will fit and work just fine with any
compact. We have put FSA compacts on everything from 1980s shimano
drivetrains to shimano/Campag 10ws drivetrains with lowering the front
der the only thing you have to do.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> Michael Roy wrote:
>
>>Are there any compact cranks that will work for 8-speed drive?

> ALL compact cranks that are currently available will work juist fine
> with an otherwise 8s setup. Don't believe the hype about Campag/shimano
> 10s this or that. An 8s chain will fit and work just fine with any
> compact. We have put FSA compacts on everything from 1980s shimano
> drivetrains to shimano/Campag 10ws drivetrains with lowering the front
> der the only thing you have to do.

You may have to cut the chain as well. But I agree with Peter here.