"Compact" cranks - front derailleur issue?

kuss

Sep 17, 2004
I'm putting the FSA compact (50-34) crankset on my new frame. Everything else will be Record-10. The standard Record front derailleur will work, right? I ask because now Campy is coming out with a compact crank for 2005 and they are marketing a new front derailleur to go with it... thanks for any insight...

The rear cassette will be 13-26, Record med cage rear derailleur

kuss said:
I'm putting the FSA compact (50-34) crankset on my new frame. Everything else will be Record-10. The standard Record front derailleur will work, right? I ask because now Campy is coming out with a compact crank for 2005 and they are marketing a new front derailleur to go with it... thanks for any insight...

it will work but but there is a reason why campa made a ct fd

http://www.campagnolo.com/techinfo.php?did=m
pdf record catalogue, page 2

kuss said:

don't know about campy as I ride shimano. what I do know is that my FSA 50/34 crankset works fine with my dura ace 7700 fd and rd. in theory campy makes a good case for a specific compact design fd, but in practice my standard performs as it should.

rv said:
in theory campy makes a good case for a specific compact design fd, but in practice my standard performs as it should.
They always do.That way they sell more stuff.

kuss said:

I have no problem with my 2000 DA 9 sp front derailleur and FSA compact crank.