Compact crankset versus triple

I checked Excel and could only find the Tiaga version.
They mention it's also available in the Ulegra, but I
couldn't find it. I emailed them, and they responded
saying they do not carry the Ulegra version. Are you sure
yours isn't Tiagra?

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:r%-
[email protected]...
> "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Re. Kunich's comment, I just bought an Ultegra junior
> > 9-speed cassette (Excel has them in stock). 14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23-
> > 25, kind of two-thirds corncob with the usual lower
> > gears. Like others here, I only use the 12 on two or
> > three short 40mph downhills a week, and I don't really
> > need it or the 13. It seems to me that almost every
> > amateur would be better off with a 16 than a 12.--
> > Shayana Kadidal
>
> Oh, oh, last time I said that we saw tons of opposition
> telling us that there was no way you could place in the
> top 100% without an 11 tooth.

Word. I phoned them up to buy it. The website says that the
Ultegra is also available, you just can't order it online,
apparently.--Shayana Kadidal

---------------------------

>Shimano Tiagra Cassette 14-25 junior gear
260 grams, 9 speed. Keep your Junior legal! Lockring
included.

14,15,16,17,18,19,21,23,25 Please Note: This cassette
requires the Park FR-5 for installation and removal.

Also available in the Ultegra version.<

celsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Tiagra+Cassette+14-
25+junior+gear&vendorCode=SHIM&major=1&minor=10

---------------------------

"Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<LNydnbx5yLLv3PPdRVn-
[email protected]>...
> I checked Excel and could only find the Tiaga version.
> They mention it's also available in the Ulegra, but I
> couldn't find it. I emailed them, and they responded
> saying they do not carry the Ulegra version. Are you sure
> yours isn't Tiagra?

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<r%[email protected]>...
> "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Re. Kunich's comment, I just bought an Ultegra junior
> > 9-speed cassette (Excel has them in stock). 14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23-
> > 25, kind of two-thirds corncob with the usual lower
> > gears. Like others here, I only use the 12 on two or
> > three short 40mph downhills a week, and I don't really
> > need it or the 13. It seems to me that almost every
> > amateur would be better off with a 16 than a 12.--
> > Shayana Kadidal
>
> Oh, oh, last time I said that we saw tons of opposition
> telling us that there was no way you could place in the
> top 100% without an 11 tooth.

No one said that, or even close. Metcalf said he "needed" an
11t for a specific event. No one is going to forget what was
wrote. So don't think a little passage of time will permit a
complete distortion of history to suit your fancy.

"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<r%[email protected]
nk.net>...
> > "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Re. Kunich's comment, I just bought an Ultegra junior
> > > 9-speed cassette (Excel has them in stock). 14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23-
> > > 25, kind of two-thirds corncob with the usual lower
> > > gears. Like others here, I only use the 12 on two or
> > > three short 40mph downhills a week, and I don't really
> > > need it or the 13. It seems to me that almost every
> > > amateur would be better off with a 16 than a 12.--
> > > Shayana Kadidal
> >
> > Oh, oh, last time I said that we saw tons of opposition
> > telling us that there was no way you could place in the
> > top 100% without an 11 tooth.
>
> No one said that, or even close. Metcalf said he
> "needed" an 11t for a specific event. No one is going to
> forget what was wrote. So don't think a little passage
> of time will permit a complete distortion of history to
> suit your fancy.

Metcalf was a pro rider in case you forgot. After Kevin said
that there were OCCASSIONALLY races in which he needed an
11, two thirds of you idiots thereby concluded that your
legs could turn them over and you would need one on any
racing you did as well.

Don't think that your idiocy is going to be forgotten
because of the passage of time. And the history contained
in Google.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<r%[email protected]
> net>...
> > > "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]
> > > ogle.com...
> > >
> > > Oh, oh, last time I said that we saw tons of
> > > opposition telling us that there was no way you could
> > > place in the top 100% without an 11 tooth.
> >
> > No one said that, or even close. Metcalf said he
> > "needed" an 11t for a specific event. No one is going to
> > forget what was wrote. So don't think a little passage
> > of time will permit a complete distortion of history to
> > suit your fancy.
>
> Metcalf was a pro rider in case you forgot.

He was a Cat 1 and he got beat that day by an 50-something
old Scott Hennessy (sp?).

> After Kevin said that there were OCCASSIONALLY races in
> which he needed an 11, two thirds of you idiots thereby
> concluded that your legs could turn them over and you
> would need one on any racing you did as well.

Good grief.

> Don't think that your idiocy is going to be forgotten
> because of the passage of time. And the history contained
> in Google.

Okay then. Post that "history."