compact geometry

Hi,

I noticed the new Giant FCR line and the OCR line share the same
compact geometry. However, the FCR comes with a straight handle
bar and the OCR comes with a curvy road handle bar. Can adjustments
(like different seat posts) make up for the differences? Or are they
counting on people not noticing it?

Thanks.

Andy

On 25 Mar 2005 18:42:20 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

> I noticed the new Giant FCR line and the OCR line share the same
> compact geometry. However, the FCR comes with a straight handle
> bar and the OCR comes with a curvy road handle bar. Can adjustments
> (like different seat posts) make up for the differences?

Surely the only difference is that the road bars offer hand positions
other than "on top", which is all you get with straight bars. These
positions stretch you out or lower your body further, to reduce wind
drag; if you don't like the idea of that, stick with the straight bars.

It always disappoints me when people won't even try road bars,
though - apart from performance, the multiple positions make it much
easier to avoid hand, shoulder and neck cramps or numbness on long rides.
They're far superior.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo