Compare HRM data

Depechie

Sep 2, 2009
Hey people... I'm stuck with following technical problem.
Assume following scenario:

* A training route of 40km
Several days a month I ride a fixed route of about 40km and register my Heart rate, speed and cadence through use of my Polar. Currently set at a 5seconds registration interval.
But what I want to do now, is compare the HRM data in one graph, so I can see the progression.
But the problem with the registered data, is that the time varies!!

In other words although, for example, my first registration would have given me HRM data for 1u45m, the second registration could be HRM for only 1u40m. But these 2 data lines should start and end at the same point on the graph ( because the route of 40km is fixed ).

Any thoughts?

Depechie said:
Any thoughts?

Wouldn't you simply see the progression by looking at the average speed or time spend for the ride in long term?

frost said:
Wouldn't you simply see the progression by looking at the average speed or time spend for the ride in long term?

Yes indeed... it would show that, but I would also like to know my heart rate progression!
Like when there is a climb in the route, I would love to know each time I take the same ride, if I can keep the heart rate at a good level each time.

I use a power meter to track my progression in power:weight. Once a week I also do a VO2Max test on the treadmill using the "Bruce test". My power:weight correlates to my VO2Max pretty well. So if you don't have a power meter I recommend doing the bruce test to track your progression.

Depechie said:
Any thoughts?
1. Comparing HR ride to ride doesn't tell you much. HR is an indicator of cardiac strain but is not a measure of fitness.

2. Display the data based on distance for the horizontal axis, not time.

Depechie said:
Hey people... I'm stuck with following technical problem.
Assume following scenario:

* A training route of 40km
Several days a month I ride a fixed route of about 40km and register my Heart rate, speed and cadence through use of my Polar. Currently set at a 5seconds registration interval.
But what I want to do now, is compare the HRM data in one graph, so I can see the progression.
But the problem with the registered data, is that the time varies!!

In other words although, for example, my first registration would have given me HRM data for 1u45m, the second registration could be HRM for only 1u40m. But these 2 data lines should start and end at the same point on the graph ( because the route of 40km is fixed ).

Any thoughts?

What Polar HRM do you have - a watch type or a bike computer similar to the CS600?

I may still have the polar software that came with the CS600 loaded on my computer too see if you could overlay the altitude plots for several rides. It's been a while since I used the software so I've forgotten what you can do with it...