Comparison between pre 85 SR and 88 Specialized cranks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Billx, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    I cracked the left arm on my 88 Specialized crank and have a pre 85 SR arm from an earlier Trek I
    owned that looks compatible as a replacement. Does anyone know if SR and Specialized were equivalent
    in terms of quality for that era?

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I cracked the left arm on my 88 Specialized crank and have a pre 85 SR arm from an earlier Trek I
    > owned that looks compatible as a replacement. Does anyone know if SR and Specialized were
    > equivalent in terms of quality for that era?

    AFAIK the '88 Specialized was a Sugino product and if so, yes, those two are quite similar.