comparison of campy record 10 speed carbon and DA 10 speed

Orange Fish

Dec 2, 2004
With such a big price difference between the Campy Record 10 carbon and the Dura-Ace 10 speed, I was wondering what the real differences are...particularly weight. I know that the carbon plays a big role in hiking the price up, but how much do the carbon crank arms really matter when compared to the supposedly stiff DA crankarms? Anyone have resources to find this information?
Thanks!

Orange Fish said:
With such a big price difference between the Campy Record 10 carbon and the Dura-Ace 10 speed, I was wondering what the real differences are...particularly weight. I know that the carbon plays a big role in hiking the price up, but how much do the carbon crank arms really matter when compared to the supposedly stiff DA crankarms? Anyone have resources to find this information?
Thanks!
Puhleez! This topic has been beaten to death numerous times. Do a search on the forum about this and come back with a more specific question.

artmichalek said:
It doesn't help that the US$ is taking a beating againste the Euro.
The USD has actually gained against the Euro every month this year. If you buy from the UK or Euroland it's much cheaper.

Orange Fish said:
Thanks!
The Excelsports website lists the DA 10 group at $1,542 (USD) Campy Record 10 (with alum crankset) for $1,450 and the Record 10 (compact carbon cranks) for $1,779. I think people tend to think that Record is much more expensive, but If you compare the DA10 and Record 10 with the aluminum cranks, Campy is not as expensive as you think.

I've got an idea... rather than reading and responding to a thread (or - horrors - taking the time for the dreaded search), let's just start new threads each time we have a thought. Whadya say???

RC2 said:
I've got an idea... rather than reading and responding to a thread (or - horrors - taking the time for the dreaded search), let's just start new threads each time we have a thought. Whadya say???
Or we could just start a whole forum devoted to the Shimano/Campy debate....:eek: