compatability issue, or just me?

bikingmat81

Feb 20, 2005
I just bought a new XT RD-M770-SGS and FD-770. when I went to hook up to my rear deraileur to my LX SL-M570-S shifters, they don't work right. Well, they work backwards to be exact.

is it me or a compatability issue that I didn't realize?

Thanks

cruisin

May 21, 2007
To confuse us Shimano now make deraillieurs to pull up the cogs and deraillieurs to pull down the cogs. One is called a high normal and one is called a low normal although don't ask me which is which as I haven't had to find out yet. I'd say you have the opposite to what you had before.

bikingmat81

Feb 20, 2005
cruisin said:
To confuse us Shimano now make deraillieurs to pull up the cogs and deraillieurs to pull down the cogs. One is called a high normal and one is called a low normal although don't ask me which is which as I haven't had to find out yet. I'd say you have the opposite to what you had before.
i thought low-normal was rapid rise (which I was wanting) and top-normal was traditional?

and my front deraileur works and shifts fine, just the rear i'm having the problem with

bigpedaler

Feb 10, 2007
the front will work anyway, they're all the same....

so the rear is shifting backwards, you say; but are the shifts happening properly? if so, don't sweat it; that's what happens when you mess with high or low-normal ****. if it doesn't shift cleanly, even though it's backwards, see if it can dial it in; otherwise, it's shop time.