compatability

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Blum, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    Does anyone KNOW if a Shimano Deore XT derailleur will work with 7 speed chain??

    I will be shifting with bar end friction shifters, so indexing shouldn't be a problem.

    I'm concerned with the wider chain going through without rubbing.

    Thanks in Advance,

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Hi, Tom, a 7 speed freewheel/cassette uses a narrow chain.

    You should have no problem with your 'Shimano Deore XT derailleur'

    Kind regards.

    Lewis.