compatability

Tom Blum

Guest
Does anyone KNOW if a Shimano Deore XT derailleur will work with 7 speed chain??

I will be shifting with bar end friction shifters, so indexing shouldn't be a problem.

I'm concerned with the wider chain going through without rubbing.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom

Hi, Tom, a 7 speed freewheel/cassette uses a narrow chain.

You should have no problem with your 'Shimano Deore XT derailleur'

Kind regards.

Lewis.