Competa, Spain: walking map?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Terry Pinnell, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. This is absurdly short notice, as we're going on holiday in the
    morning, but I've just discovered I've been labouring under the false
    impression that we already had a map! Google so far hasn't yielded
    anything suitable, so I would greatly appreciate either a pointer to a
    well-hidden online source, or a scan of a paper version please. From
    experience, I'm apprehensive that a suitable walking map may be hard
    to obtain locally. The area in which we're walking is Competa, 20 km
    NE of Malaga in Southern Spain.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Tags:

  2. D and J

    D and J Guest

    We have a map for Ronda - but suspect that is too far west for you.

    Its 15-44 of 4-11.

    We also have Ubrique which is to the west of Ronda

    This one is 14-44 of 4-11

    E-mail me if you think either may be of help.

    We've just been in the area with Spanish Steps www.spanish-steps.com,
    but we were doing the white villages holiday rather than their competa
    based holiday.

    Have a lovely time.

  3. "D and J" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >We have a map for Ronda - but suspect that is too far west for you.
    >
    >Its 15-44 of 4-11.
    >
    >We also have Ubrique which is to the west of Ronda
    >
    >This one is 14-44 of 4-11
    >
    >E-mail me if you think either may be of help.
    >
    >We've just been in the area with Spanish Steps www.spanish-steps.com,
    >but we were doing the white villages holiday rather than their competa
    >based holiday.
    >
    >Have a lovely time.

    Thanks very much, appreciate the offer, but I think they would indeed
    be too far out.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

  4. Terry Pinnell <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This is absurdly short notice, as we're going on holiday in the
    >morning, but I've just discovered I've been labouring under the false
    >impression that we already had a map! Google so far hasn't yielded
    >anything suitable, so I would greatly appreciate either a pointer to a
    >well-hidden online source, or a scan of a paper version please. From
    >experience, I'm apprehensive that a suitable walking map may be hard
    >to obtain locally. The area in which we're walking is Competa, 20 km
    >NE of Malaga in Southern Spain.

    As I expected, I couldn't get a map locally. In fact even the walks
    leader was critical of all her maps. Guess we're spoiled in UK with
    our superb OS coverage.

    I recorded 5 walks on my GPS unit and now want to print them out. I
    reckon this map which I've made by editing a web source will just
    about be adequate:
    http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/Competa1.jpg

    But first I need a couple of calibration points, and wonder if anyone
    can help me with that please? I need the precise Longitude and
    Latitude (any format - I'll convert) of any two accurately
    identifiable points, preferably near two diagonally-opposed corners.
    For example:
    - The right hand tail of the 'L' in 'Frigiliana
    - The top point of the 'A' in 'Canillas'

    Hopefully...

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK