COMPLAI N ABOUT CHILDPORN ON GOOGLE

Ganda

Guest
I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
down here in this group,maybe you

old men !! What kind of people are we, if we do not make a stand and complain !! Read it - and read
their shallow reply to me !!

Subject: complain Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 03:19:13 +0100

Hello - to whom or which office is the right one to adress this mail to !

I just joined a newsgroup called : rec.food.cooking on your site after having been recommended it by
a friend. And I find to my disgust a whole

written the story in his subject line. It is really disgusting and distracting when looking for
recipies and discussions and I wonder why do you not have any control of matters like this at all
??? He has written - I don't know

is one thing, that in it self would be very annoying and irretating looking

and old men I really think it's revolting and alarming that you alowed the pages to stay on
your site !

I hope this is not a thing that happens a lot on your sites because then I don't think I'll let my
(12 year old) son use your pages ( he uses them a lot looking for information) and frankly I don't
think I'll use them anymore myself either.

Rgards, ganda Nielsen Copenhagen - dk

Hi Ganda,

While we are sympathetic to your request, we are not able to help in this instance. Google is a
provider of information, not a mediator. We make no claims about the content of the more than 650
million posts in our archive. We suggest addressing your concern directly to the author of the post
in question. For more information, please see our Terms of Service at
http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html.

We are not equipped to assess the truth or falsity of statements posted to our site by third
parties. Instead, such determinations must be made by a court of law or other government entity.
Accordingly, it is our policy, consistent with United States federal law (Section 230(c) of the
Communications Decency Act), not to remove postings that are alleged to be defamatory. If you choose
to pursue legal action against this author we are prepared to abide by any orders involving the
postings in question.

Sincerely,

The Google Groups Team

"Ganda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
> down here in this group,maybe you have noticed them ??

What are you talking about? I've never seen a post from A Melon, or from you either until this one.
You a crazy troll?

"Anthony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ganda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
> > down here in this group,maybe you have noticed them ??
>
> What are you talking about? I've never seen a post from A Melon, or from you either until this
> one. You a crazy troll?

No, he's not a troll. I don't see them anymore because I blocked any posts from that user, but he
flooded the newsgroup with like 600 messages in 24 hours....

"Anthony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ganda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
> > down here in this group,maybe you have noticed them ??
>
> What are you talking about? I've never seen a post from A Melon, or from you either until this
> one. You a crazy troll?

Not exactly a troll, just someone who has a legitimate complaint but no one with whom to air it.

Maybe you missed it but a couple weeks ago a poster with a purported name of
A. Melon used an anonymous remailer to bombard rfc with hundreds of lengthy messages containing
detailed graphic descriptions of pedophile experiences.

I assume everyone put A. Melon in the blocked senders file as I did.

>From: A.Melon <[email protected]>
>Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address >above.
> It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
> Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
> remailer administrator at [email protected].
> Please read http://www.melontraffickers.com/remailer.html
> before contacting the remailer administrator.
>Subject: come in early today and help and extra money was the only >thing
on her The link will explain "who" A.Melon is I wonder what would count as "inappropriate use"???
lol you just have to live with it, block A.Melon or go to a moderated group l dont think there is
much else you can do

"Sam D." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Not exactly a troll, just someone who has a legitimate complaint but no
one
> with whom to air it.
>
> Maybe you missed it but a couple weeks ago a poster with a purported name
of
> A. Melon used an anonymous remailer to bombard rfc with hundreds of
lengthy
> messages containing detailed graphic descriptions of pedophile
experiences.

> I assume everyone put A. Melon in the blocked senders file as I did.

Ah. An apology from me then. I suppose I saw the first A Melon rubbish and killfiled it.

Anthony wrote:
> "Ganda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
>>down here in this group,maybe you have noticed them ??
>

> What are you talking about? I've never seen a post from A Melon, or from you either until this
> one. You a crazy troll?

I never saw it either. I suspect my good newgroup provider already filtered the posts out for me.

regards, Ben

--
"What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com).
2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or connection fees! Use
promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes.

Ganda wrote:
> I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
> down here in this group,maybe you

> old men !! What kind of people are we, if we do not make a stand and complain !! Read it - and
> read their shallow reply to me !!

Why is it Google's responsibility to censor what you see? If you do not like it, filter it yourself
in your newsreader or get your usenet access from someone else who is more proactive.

It's assholes like you that made it so when I turn on Comedy Central

are not the same -- take your subjective ideas about censorship and cram them up your ass.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

John Gaughan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ganda wrote:
> > I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
> > down here in this group,maybe you

> > old men !! What kind of people are we, if we do not make a stand and complain !! Read it - and
> > read their shallow reply to me !!
>
> Why is it Google's responsibility to censor what you see? If you do not like it, filter it
> yourself in your newsreader or get your usenet access from someone else who is more proactive.
>
> It's assholes like you that made it so when I turn on Comedy Central

> are not the same -- take your subjective ideas about censorship and cram them up your ass.

Hey, this is my first times on a newsgroup and I have no idea of how they work. I assumed that
Google set up the newsgroup and that somehow they would put a filter on. I have really no idea of
how to set up a filter ! Take it easy with your insults, ok ? I just felt I had to make a stand or
to make a complaint as it seemed really sick to get child **** mixed in with food recipes.

To the rest of you who makes the effort of explaining about trolls and what have you : thanks !I
really had no idea and wondered why the messages ( from A Melon ) remained undeleted !

John Gaughan wrote:

> Ganda wrote:
>
>> I Send this complaint to Google,about the **** mail A.Melon has infested on so many pages up and
>> down here in this group,maybe you

>> old men !! What kind of people are we, if we do not make a stand and complain !! Read it - and
>> read their shallow reply to me !!
>

> Why is it Google's responsibility to censor what you see? If you do not like it, filter it
> yourself in your newsreader or get your usenet access from someone else who is more proactive.
<snip>

You mean like this?

PLONK!

--

On 17 Feb 2004 14:06:40 -0800, [email protected] (Ganda) wrote:

>Hey, this is my first times on a newsgroup and I have no idea of how they work. I assumed that
>Google set up the newsgroup and that somehow they would put a filter on. I have really no idea of
>how to set up a filter !

Google doesn't control newsgroups. They merely maintain an archive/index of many of them.The history
of newsgroups as a part of the web/internet/Usenet is, for better or worse, unfiltered except for
moderated groups. Ex: rec.food.recipes is a 'moderated' group. One or more individuals filter all
posts. Rfr has, last time I looked, only requests for recipes and recipes -- no chat; no 'what I had
for dinner'; no 'make money fast'; no pornography.

No one 'owns' the internet. No one entity supervises it. Terms of use for some Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) may prohibit spamming, abusive language, or pornography. Universities and
workplaces that provide access may also set limits on use. "A. Melon" used an anonymous re-mailer
facility for his/her little performance.

Many newsreader applications provide filtering options that will block mail and newsgroup msgs
associated with certain subject keywords or user names. You simply never see them.