Complaining about private hire drivers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Green, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. What is the most effective way to complain about private hire drivers? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Panda

    Panda Guest

    book them , then when they turn up , shoot them with a big canon

    panda

    "Michael Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What is the most effective way to complain about private hire drivers?
    Thanks.

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Michael Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What is the most effective way to complain about private hire drivers?
    Thanks.

    Since hilarity has set in let's try for a serious response. Try complaining to:-

    1. The private hire company named on the vehicle.

    2. The local authority who regulates them (probably the District/Borough Council)

    Unless you have the number plate or his Private Hire Licence number -- or he is an independent
    'company' with only one car -- you may as well pee yourself while wearing a dark suit. (Nobody will
    notice but you will get a warm feeling!!)

    I particularly liked the idea of throwing members of the clergy at him. Eliminates two scourges on
    society in one :)

  5. Panda

    Panda Guest

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

  7. "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Michael Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > What is the most effective way to complain about private hire drivers?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Since hilarity has set in let's try for a serious response. Try complaining to:-
    >
    > 1. The private hire company named on the vehicle.
    >
    > 2. The local authority who regulates them (probably the District/Borough Council)
    >
    > Unless you have the number plate or his Private Hire Licence number -- or he is an independent
    > 'company' with only one
    I do indeed have the licence number. Now what?

  8. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Michael Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I do indeed have the licence number. Now what?

    Contact the local authority that issued the licence number and -- err -- complain about wot 'e dun.