Complete Tour of Connecticut Results

Jonas

Guest
Does anybody have complete results from the TOC. I would like to see how some of the local amateurs
did against the pros.

[email protected] (Jonas) wrote in message
> Does anybody have complete results from the TOC. I would like to see how some of the local
> amateurs did against the pros.

Hey,

Why not check rec.bicycles.****. the top ten listed everywhere is all you need to know. not that an
amateur who hangs on for dear life, barely making into town, and then sprints by all the PAID
workers who bust their balls all day making the race for their leaders so he can proud of his
amazing sign me up for a division one contract now 27th place. DOUCHEBAG.

Looking at the top ten, I see all the pros kicked the amateurs asses. So now you know. There.

Oh, and you're probably one of those putz riders, too.

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

never sprinted for 27th place in my life, and proud of it.

Dear Sidewalk Chump,

This newsgroup is about bike racing, results, how do I . . . , fans talking about racers.

However, posts like yours drive people away from cycling.

Please shift gears to the newsgroup: rec.autos.sport.nascar

John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Jonas) wrote in message
> > Does anybody have complete results from the TOC. I would like to see how some of the local
> > amateurs did against the pros.
>

> Hey,
>
> Why not check rec.bicycles.****. the top ten listed everywhere is all you need to know. not that
> an amateur who hangs on for dear life, barely making into town, and then sprints by all the PAID
> workers who bust their balls all day making the race for their leaders so he can proud of his
> amazing sign me up for a division one contract now 27th place. DOUCHEBAG.
>
> Looking at the top ten, I see all the pros kicked the amateurs asses. So now you know. There.
>
> Oh, and you're probably one of those putz riders, too.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
>
> never sprinted for 27th place in my life, and proud of it.

[email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

"chris II" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > [email protected] (Jonas) wrote in message
> >> Does anybody have complete results from the TOC. I would like to see how some of the local
> >> amateurs did against the pros.
> >

> > Hey,
> >
> > Why not check rec.bicycles.****. the top ten listed everywhere is all you need to know. not
> > that an amateur who hangs on for dear life, barely making into town, and then sprints by all
> > the PAID workers who bust their balls all day making the race for their leaders so he can proud
> > of his amazing sign me up for a division one contract now 27th place. DOUCHEBAG.
> >
> > Looking at the top ten, I see all the pros kicked the amateurs asses. So now you know. There.
> >
> > Oh, and you're probably one of those putz riders, too.
> >
> > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
> >
> > never sprinted for 27th place in my life, and proud of it.

I like him. He has a point, you know.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

ronde chumpion wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Why not check rec.bicycles.****. the top ten listed everywhere is all you need to know. not that
> an amateur who hangs on for dear life, barely making into town, and then sprints by all the PAID
> workers who bust their balls all day making the race for their leaders so he can proud of his
> amazing sign me up for a division one contract now 27th place. DOUCHEBAG.
>
> Looking at the top ten, I see all the pros kicked the amateurs asses. So now you know. There.
>
> Oh, and you're probably one of those putz riders, too.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
>
> never sprinted for 27th place in my life, and proud of it.

nice, but maybe a little heavy handed. that aside, maybe it's just because i pay attention to it
than other sports, but bike racing seems to be overrun with status conscious participants-

if you don't ride at all you're a fat ass. if you ride but don't race you're a freak-o-fred, must be
mentally ill. if you race a bit you're a loser-lower-category-rider who can't handle his bike and is
an even bigggggger fat ass, damn you for wearing that usps kit. if you're a good amateur racer
you're a putz for trying to compete with the pros. if you're a pro you're a loser for signing with a
d3 team, shame on you, you're nothing but a self delusional fat ass loser. and if you dare to race a
bike after you get old, well, let's not even contemplate what kind of monster would do
that..finally, if you're the world rr champion, you're a filthy wheel sucker, why do we even have to
watch you race, you make me sick..

the only way i can figure it is bike racers enjoy pain. dunno.

heather

> >From: heather halvorson [email protected]
>
> >maybe it's just because i pay attention to it than other sports, but bike racing seems to be
> >overrun with status conscious participants-
> >
> >if you don't ride at all you're a fat ass. if you ride but don't race you're a freak-o-fred, must
> >be mentally ill. if you race a bit you're a loser-lower-category-rider who can't handle his bike
> >and is an even bigggggger fat ass, damn you for wearing that usps kit. if you're a good amateur
> >racer you're a putz for trying to compete with the pros. if you're a pro you're a loser for
> >signing with a d3 team, shame on you, you're nothing but a self delusional fat ass loser. and if
> >you dare to race a bike after you get old, well, let's not even contemplate what kind of monster
> >would do that..finally, if you're the world rr champion, you're a filthy wheel sucker, why do we
> >even have to watch you race, you make me sick..
> >
> >the only way i can figure it is bike racers enjoy pain. dunno.
> >
> >heather
> >

> POTM, maybe year, and pretty much right on the money description of a lot
of
> people around the sport.

Not quite right on the money.

There is nothing the matter with being any of the people described by Heather.

However, the sport can get a little weird (as can any sport) when ego kicks
in.

There is a lot of that in sport. IMO, many people think their 'accomplishments' are more important
in the grand scheme of things than they really are.

Bike racing is fun. People should have a good time. It's a healthy pursuit. But really, in the end,
how important is it?

Kurgan Gringioni Cycling Stud (in my own mind)

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> There is a lot of that in sport. IMO, many people think their 'accomplishments' are more important
> in the grand scheme of things than they really are.
>
> Bike racing is fun. People should have a good time. It's a healthy pursuit. But really, in the
> end, how important is it?

my point wasn't so much about with the people i was describing, it had to do with their critics.

i just can't understand why there are some who "love" bike racing, but seem to find anyone who
participates in it lacking in some way. everyone is lacking in some way, so why bother telling them
about it unless they specifically ask "how am i lacking?"- why not try to emphasize the positive
instead? if someone has an inflated opinion of themselves, so what? let them be king of the cat
4's, don't make them feel like **** so they quit, and all they do in the future is drink and hit
their kids.

if some amateur gets off by seeing how many pros he can beat in a race, let him. or find a better
way than rude name calling of reminding him that some team members have other jobs to do in the race
than finish high, so beating them doesn't really count.

heather

heather halvorson wrote:
>> my point wasn't so much about with the people i was describing

dunno why i send posts at 4am and expect them to be readable. sorry for the terrible (even for me)
grammar. h

heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> ronde chumpion wrote:
> >

> nice, but maybe a little heavy handed. that aside, maybe it's just because i pay attention to it
> than other sports, but bike racing seems to be overrun with status conscious participants-
>
> if you don't ride at all you're a fat ass. if you ride but don't race you're a freak-o-fred, must
> be mentally ill. if you race a bit you're a loser-lower-category-rider who can't handle his bike
> and is an even bigggggger fat ass, damn you for wearing that usps kit. if you're a good amateur
> racer you're a putz for trying to compete with the pros. if you're a pro you're a loser for
> signing with a d3 team, shame on you, you're nothing but a self delusional fat ass loser. and if
> you dare to race a bike after you get old, well, let's not even contemplate what kind of monster
> would do that..finally, if you're the world rr champion, you're a filthy wheel sucker, why do we
> even have to watch you race, you make me sick..
>
> the only way i can figure it is bike racers enjoy pain. dunno.
>
> heather

Heather you are truly enlightened. Ride what makes you happy and screw the opinions.

Andy