Completely OT--Killer Photos

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> http://www.stern.de/wissenschaft/natur/551216.html?nv=sb
>>

> But they don't have the boomslang. The only deadly snake thought harmless
> until it bit one of the world's leading herpetologists and he keeled over
> dead. It now makes the top ten in lethality.
>
> http://www.reptile-gardens.com/reptile/topten.html
>
> It would also make a cool name for a bike.
>
> "Dude, cool ride. What is it?"
>
> "Seven Boomslang."
>
> --
> Bill Asher.

Interesting. Thanks. That could be a cool name for a kid. ;-)

B. Lafferty wrote:

> http://www.stern.de/wissenschaft/natur/551216.html?nv=sb

Damn, Lafferty, it's bad enough with the constant discussions
of lawsuits on rbr, and now you're passing the off-season by
posting pictures of lawyers?

Ben

Sorry, I don't even like lawyer jokes that much, but you can't just
leave straight lines lying around. It was an attractive nuisance,
like a mailbox just sitting waiting to be whacked with a bat...

William Asher wrote:
> boomslang

That's Dutch (or Afrikaans in this case) for tree snake.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> boomslang

> That's Dutch (or Afrikaans in this case) for tree snake.

Which makes sense since it is a snake that lives in trees. When Seven
makes the Boomslang, which I'm sure they will, they will market it in S.
Africa and Holland under a different model name. I'm going to suggest they
use the name Apple Krait.

It still just rolls off the tongue. Boomslang. I just love the image of
the world renowned herpetologist picking up the lowly boomslang and saying
to his assistant something like "This, my dear fellow, is the harmless
boomslang." <chomp>

--
Bill Asher

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> http://www.stern.de/wissenschaft/natur/551216.html?nv=sb

> Damn, Lafferty, it's bad enough with the constant discussions
> of lawsuits on rbr, and now you're passing the off-season by
> posting pictures of lawyers?
>
> Ben
>
> Sorry, I don't even like lawyer jokes that much, but you can't just
> leave straight lines lying around. It was an attractive nuisance,
> like a mailbox just sitting waiting to be whacked with a bat...

Barristers.

In article <[email protected]>, Raptor <[email protected]>
wrote:

> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > http://www.stern.de/wissenschaft/natur/551216.html?nv=sb
> >

> Pretty. But I'm disappointed that there are no Gaboon Pit Vipers. Them
> is pretty.

They *really* blend in:

http://www.gherp.com/gallery/new/East African gaboon viper.jpg

Nice fangs:

http://www.skulls-skeletons.com/catalog/images/R-S391-Gaboon-Viper-Skull.jpg

I'm partial to Wagler's Vipers. There's several colour variations:

http://www.gherp.com/gallery/new/Wagler's%20temple%20viper.jpg

--
tanx,
Howard