Completely slacking when it comes to getting in rides.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
I haven't even been ON the bike for 10 days. It sucks. The spirit is more than willing, but when I have had the time, I have chosen sleep over the ride. Sleep is good,I never get enough, I am chronically somewhat sleep deprived. Not that it's an entirely bad thing. I have stepped up the intensity of my training regimen at the gym. I added a third hour with my PT, and he is working me to the drop point. I moved up a level in the group fitness I take, and it is pretty intense. Finally, I am making a lot of progress on my performance in the crawl and back strokes, so spending a lot of time in the pool, and it's a tougher workout than it looks to be. All of that has definitely made me need more sleep,the intensity of it all. So, I feel guilty about that. But I also think I need to be realistic about what I can do, so I guess it's just one of those things. In the long run it all balances out,

Well, sleep is a very important factor when it comes to training. It's when your muscles are more likely to recover and rebuild themselves. It looks like you have a lot going on in your training and maybe cutting one of those items out if you want to stay on the bike. Over doing it on exercise will hurt you more in the long run, rather than just trying to balance something out.
Also, determining you fitness goals helps. Determining what you want to accomplish in the long run. Having an event or race helps in balancing out and focusing on a specific training style as well. Helps us focus on certain factors.
Hopefully this might help? Good luck with everything and stay motivated!

Yup, I do have specific goals. I signed up for a 5 month beginner's triathlon training program which starts in January, culminates in an actual tri end of May. The other goal is to do Alpha training next summer: http://www.wearealpha.com

Maybe you wanna invest on an indoor trainer... I was thinking about it yesterday...

Or... you can commute by bike to the gym and pool and take a longer route to do some cycling too...

thats awesome. looks like a bit of cross fit training. Would be great for all around purposes. Good luck!

Volnix, I bought a Kurt Kinetic a year ago, but never got it set up (hangs head in shame). Doing some basement cleaning to make a place. Sundays are the only day I could get to the gym by bike. Was doing it, but it took an hour out of my morning I just can't spare, it is my day to do housework, yard work, etc.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Volnix, I bought a Kurt Kinetic a year ago, but never got it set up (hangs head in shame). Doing some basement cleaning to make a place.

Sundays are the only day I could get to the gym by bike. Was doing it, but it took an hour out of my morning I just can't spare, it is my day to do housework, yard work, etc.
Good luck with the cleaning...

I got out today had my usual 20km... Wasnt too cold... I start at home and end at home... Outdoor cycling works the brain a bit more too...

But instead of snow... I got $#@% sand on the streets now! (They are doing some works and the wind blows so...)

Anyway... With the right gear winter cycling aint too bad... (Not too fast either, unless you get in thin air or something...) I had a bit of the "bad" last year when I came back home and my hands were so numb were I could'nt even turn the key in the lock... But I took my gloves the next time I went out...

Cool song btw: "Winter style"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

MotownBikeBoy said:
Volnix, I bought a Kurt Kinetic a year ago, but never got it set up (hangs head in shame). Doing some basement cleaning to make a place. Sundays are the only day I could get to the gym by bike. Was doing it, but it took an hour out of my morning I just can't spare, it is my day to do housework, yard work, etc.
Get on the KK trainer, and start pedaling.

Alienator - Sir, Yes Sir! :big-smile: Volnix - that is a cool song. Since I am cold sensitive now, I always dress heavily. I'm the only guy in the entire enormous office complex I work in wandering down the halls wearing TWO hoodies over my dress shirt and tie now that it's autumn and getting cold here.

Btw I think its a good time to change my avatar and signature...
big-smile.png