Component Levels...

chispa60

Sep 12, 2004
Hey folks,

I was wondering if there was a list of components sets showing low end to high end. It can be as general as listing which companies make better components over other companies or as specific as one set of components from Shimano versus one set of components from another company.

I realize that this can be a big task if you really wanted to get down to it, but I'm just looking at generalities. And yes, I realize that higher priced component sets usually offer several advantages (weather resistance, lighter, smoother, etc). And I also realize that some companies may make components sets of different ranges (similar to various bike companies).

I'd really apprecitate it.

Chi

chispa60 said:
Hey folks,

I was wondering if there was a list of components sets showing low end to high end. It can be as general as listing which companies make better components over other companies or as specific as one set of components from Shimano versus one set of components from another company.

I realize that this can be a big task if you really wanted to get down to it, but I'm just looking at generalities. And yes, I realize that higher priced component sets usually offer several advantages (weather resistance, lighter, smoother, etc). And I also realize that some companies may make components sets of different ranges (similar to various bike companies).

I'd really apprecitate it.

Chi
Road stuff: Campy top to bottom,record,chorus centaur,veloce mirage,xenon.... Shimano top to bottom, Dura Ace, ultegra ,105 tiagra, sora. And don't open the can of worms of which is better.