components

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Josh Pool, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Josh Pool

    Josh Pool Guest

    hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
    is it still xtr?

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Josh Pool wrote:
    > hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
    > is it still xtr?

    There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano over
    the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to rehash it.
    Just google the group on those two items.

    Oh and SRAM rules!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. On 2005-06-20, Ride-A-Lot penned:
    > Josh Pool wrote:
    >> hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components
    >> these days. is it still xtr?
    >>

    > There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano
    > over the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to
    > rehash it. Just google the group on those two items.
    >
    > Oh and SRAM rules!

    I suspect the OP was asking this from ignorance. Within the Shimano
    mountain biking components, yes, XTR is the "highest" level. But as
    RAL pointed out, there are other brands. Well, one other brand,
    anyway.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  4. I 2nd that Sram rules

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Josh Pool wrote:
    > hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
    > is it still xtr?

    Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

    JD

  6. Coyoteboy

    Coyoteboy Guest

    > Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    >
    > JD

    What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
    SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

  7. JD

    JD Guest

    Coyoteboy wrote:
    > > Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    > >
    > > JD

    > What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
    > SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

    Just one, 2:1 aka 34x17.

    JD

  8. JD wrote:
    > Josh Pool wrote:
    > > hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
    > > is it still xtr?

    > Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    >
    > JD

    Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
    dropouts/fork ends?

    /s

  9. MattB

    MattB Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > JD wrote:
    >
    >>Josh Pool wrote:
    >>
    >>>hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
    >>>is it still xtr?

    >>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    >>
    >>JD

    > Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
    > dropouts/fork ends?
    >
    > /s

    I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
    you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
    freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
    those cranks look sweet too!

    Matt

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > JD wrote:

    days.

    > >>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    > >>
    > >>JD

    > > Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
    > > dropouts/fork ends?
    > >
    > > /s
    > >

    > I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
    > you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
    > freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
    > those cranks look sweet too!

    They do indeed.

    Greg

  11. JD

    JD Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > JD wrote:

    > >>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
    > >>
    > >>JD

    > > Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
    > > dropouts/fork ends?
    > >
    > > /s
    > >

    > I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
    > you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
    > freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
    > those cranks look sweet too!

    Yup, horizontal fork ends are on my SS frame. All of the ENO stuff is
    pretty durable and does look good as well. Function and style is a
    rarity.

    JD