components

Josh Pool

Guest
hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
is it still xtr?

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Josh Pool wrote:
> hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
> is it still xtr?

There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano over
the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to rehash it.
Just google the group on those two items.

Oh and SRAM rules!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2005-06-20, Ride-A-Lot penned:
> Josh Pool wrote:
>> hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components
>> these days. is it still xtr?
>>

> There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano
> over the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to
> rehash it. Just google the group on those two items.
>
> Oh and SRAM rules!

I suspect the OP was asking this from ignorance. Within the Shimano
mountain biking components, yes, XTR is the "highest" level. But as
RAL pointed out, there are other brands. Well, one other brand,
anyway.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

JD

Guest
Josh Pool wrote:
> hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
> is it still xtr?

Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

JD

Coyoteboy

Guest

> Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
>
> JD

What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

JD

Guest
Coyoteboy wrote:
> > Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
> >
> > JD

> What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
> SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

Just one, 2:1 aka 34x17.

JD

JD wrote:
> Josh Pool wrote:
> > hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
> > is it still xtr?

> Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
>
> JD

Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
dropouts/fork ends?

/s

MattB

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> JD wrote:
>
>>Josh Pool wrote:
>>
>>>hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
>>>is it still xtr?

>>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
>>
>>JD

> Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
> dropouts/fork ends?
>
> /s

I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
those cranks look sweet too!

Matt

G.T.

Guest
"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > JD wrote:

days.

> >>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
> >>
> >>JD

> > Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
> > dropouts/fork ends?
> >
> > /s
> >

> I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
> you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
> freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
> those cranks look sweet too!

They do indeed.

Greg

JD

Guest
MattB wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > JD wrote:

> >>Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.
> >>
> >>JD

> > Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
> > dropouts/fork ends?
> >
> > /s
> >

> I don't think he's talking about the eccentric hub which is what I think
> you are picturing. They have ENO hubs for horizontal dropouts, ENO
> freewheels, and cranks. I think my next SS freewheel will be an ENO. And
> those cranks look sweet too!

Yup, horizontal fork ends are on my SS frame. All of the ENO stuff is
pretty durable and does look good as well. Function and style is a
rarity.

JD