Computer bargains anywhere?

Call Me Bob

Guest
Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering if
anyone else has...?

Thanks if you can help.

Bob

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
> January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering if
> anyone else has...?

Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour around your local rag for
main boards, processors and memory. Find a cheap hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's
quite easy and you'll save a packet. You can get all the extras later.

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:03:16 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
>> January sales?

> Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour around your local rag for
> main boards, processors and memory. Find a cheap hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's
> quite easy and you'll save a packet. You can get all the extras later.

Well, it's an option I suppose.... trouble is I only have a 20 meter extension cable so any cycle
trips further than that and the plug is going to pull out of the wall.

I suppose I could knock on doors as I go, asking householders if they mind letting me plug in but
that will play havoc with my average speed.

:eek:)

Bob

> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
> > January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering
> > if anyone else has...?
> >

> Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour
> around your local rag for main boards, processors and memory. Find a
cheap
> hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's quite easy and you'll save
> packet. You can get all the extras later.

LOL!!!

And a trailer to lug it all around in....

"Sky Fly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Are you joking Simon, or do you really not realise he was talking about a cycle computer?

Oh yeah. I thought it was a bit off topic for this NG :) I read Mity as Tiny, except they don't
exist anymore. I'll get me coat. Simon