Computer bargains anywhere?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call Me Bob, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
    January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering if
    anyone else has...?

    Thanks if you can help.

    Bob

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
    > January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering if
    > anyone else has...?

    Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour around your local rag for
    main boards, processors and memory. Find a cheap hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's
    quite easy and you'll save a packet. You can get all the extras later.

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:03:16 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
    >> January sales?

    > Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour around your local rag for
    > main boards, processors and memory. Find a cheap hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's
    > quite easy and you'll save a packet. You can get all the extras later.

    Well, it's an option I suppose.... trouble is I only have a 20 meter extension cable so any cycle
    trips further than that and the plug is going to pull out of the wall.

    I suppose I could knock on doors as I go, asking householders if they mind letting me plug in but
    that will play havoc with my average speed.

    :eek:)

    Bob

  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    > "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Need a new computer, nothing fancy, something like a Mity 3. Anyone spotted any bargains in the
    > > January sales? I've had a browse around but haven't really found any computers, just wondering
    > > if anyone else has...?
    > >

    > Why not make your own Bob? Get an old ATX case and power supply, scour
    > around your local rag for main boards, processors and memory. Find a
    cheap
    > hard drive, CD and floppy and away you go. It's quite easy and you'll save
    > packet. You can get all the extras later.

    LOL!!!

    And a trailer to lug it all around in....

  5. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Sky Fly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Are you joking Simon, or do you really not realise he was talking about a cycle computer?

    Oh yeah. I thought it was a bit off topic for this NG :) I read Mity as Tiny, except they don't
    exist anymore. I'll get me coat. Simon