Computer dies in middle of ride!

Dr.Hairybiker

Aug 23, 2004
Hello all. I have a Cateye Astrale 8 on my bike. It's only about 5 months old. Sometimes if I start clicking through the functions after I've been on the bike for 1-2 hours it will go to zero and won't reset. No amount of wiggling, unclipping and reclipping, etc. seems to make it want to start working again, it just reads zero. It doesn't go blank, just reads zero on all functions. The sensors are all lined up just right, and the next time I go for a ride it usually will be working just fine again, for awhile. Has anyone had this problem? Is it just the battery or something? Thanks.

Dr.Hairybiker said:
Hello all. I have a Cateye Astrale 8 on my bike. It's only about 5 months old. Sometimes if I start clicking through the functions after I've been on the bike for 1-2 hours it will go to zero and won't reset. No amount of wiggling, unclipping and reclipping, etc. seems to make it want to start working again, it just reads zero. It doesn't go blank, just reads zero on all functions. The sensors are all lined up just right, and the next time I go for a ride it usually will be working just fine again, for awhile. Has anyone had this problem? Is it just the battery or something? Thanks.

It sounds like your computer may be defective. This particular model has had lots of problems. Since I own a bike shop, I see and hear lots of warranty type returns with this model. I would contract the company and see about making an exchange. They're pretty good about things like this.