Computer magnet on carbon wheels?

conyoman

Jan 3, 2006
Hi all

How do I attach my wheel magnet to spinergy rev x?

Was thinking superglue - but will that damage the wheel?

Also, will any magnet work with it the shimano flightdeck receiver? (ie I've got loads of old magnets from cateye - can I use them instead of buying a new shimno magnet?)

conyoman said:
Hi all

How do I attach my wheel magnet to spinergy rev x?

Was thinking superglue - but will that damage the wheel?
From Spinergy's FAQs
( http://www.spinergy.com/frequently_asked_questions.htm )
· Do you have a wheel magnet for the Rev X?

Spinergy does not stock a wheel magnet for the discontinued Rev X. You can remove the metal part from a standard magnet and attach it to the wheel with epoxy or double sticky tape.
conyoman said:
Also, will any magnet work with it the shimano flightdeck receiver? (ie I've got loads of old magnets from cateye - can I use them instead of buying a new shimno magnet?)
All the magnet does is close a momentary contact in the sensor with each pass. Any magnet of appropriate size and strength will work.

Ok,

I've got a product called solarez that I used to repair my surfboard. It's not epoxy and it sets when exposed to UV light.

Could I use this and not damage the carbon?

conyoman said:
Ok,

I've got a product called solarez that I used to repair my surfboard. It's not epoxy and it sets when exposed to UV light.

Could I use this and not damage the carbon?
It probably won't damage the carbon, but if you ever want to move the magnet it's going to be pretty tough to get off. Double faced tape should be more than strong enough.