Computer mount for aero bars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by BikeDemon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BikeDemon

BikeDemon New Member

Looking at the profile design UCM computer mount (I have the Syntace C3 aero bars, but the computer mount for them is unavailable) - has anyone used this mount and have experience with it? The design looks a bit flimsy... Basically I'm looking for a perpendicular to the aero bar extension to mount the computer.

Tags:

2. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

3. maddogbubba

maddogbubba New Member

got one on my after market areobars on my road bike - not flimsy at all - use it to hold a frog light . I purchased the UCM XL and cut it to the length I wanted . I was going to fabricate something myself but what the heck there only 11 bucks and when all is said and done it does'nt look like crap ! shipping is almost the same cost as the item . trisports has them .

4. BikeDemon

BikeDemon New Member

thanks for the replies - I did go with the UCM by Profile Design and it works great - didn't even have to torque it on there very hard, since my areo bars have a textured paint. Not sure what some of the reviewers were talking about with it slipping - it's on there tight.

5. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

Good to hear because I was first tempted to go with the UCM and read too many complaints about the plastic threads stripping easily. For $11 is not a bad price considering some of these Garmin Edge mounts are going for $30 and higher. I imagined that most of those griping were putting way too much torque on those threads.