Computer question

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
I just ordered a cateye astrale 8, i have to use zip ties to put it on, I have a carbon bike and I'm curious will the zip tie scratch the paint and carbon? Will it harm my bike at all (the zip ties)?

The plastic zip ties won't hurt the carbon bike as long as they are not pulled too tight. If they are left too loose where they can move, they can scratch the paint. What you want to do is pull them tight enough to secure the sensor, but don't get over-energetic. It takes a lot of force to pull the ties so tight that they would damage the carbon frame, and I doubt that most people are strong enough to put that much force into tightining up zip ties. If you are worried about the ties damaging the paint, put a narrow strip of electricians tape (less than 1 gram if you are a weight weenie) around the tube where you are going to put the tie. The trick with zip ties is getting them off without scratching the paint.

Cycler6n said:
ah, thx, good, I have electric tape
Another wy to do it isa thin peace of rubber. That way if you need to get it off theres enough gap not to worry about scratching the paint.