Computer setting for 650 wheels

Cm

Guest
Does anyone know what the accurate setting is for 650 wheel size on a VDO computer.

Thanks,

CM

No need for settings. Just put the wheel on and go. What do you need settings on your wheel for?
Tire size, my friend.

"CM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone know what the accurate setting is for 650 wheel size on a VDO computer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> CM

The number will be the circumference measured in inches or centimeters, depending on your make and
model of cycling computer.

The way I measure it is to pump up the tire to the correct pressure. Then take the wheel with the
magnet on it and place the valve stem at the 6:00 position right over a crack or other mark on the
payment that I can measure from. Then with sitting astride the bike, bearing your normal weight on
the bike, roll it until the valve stem in again in the 6:00 position and make a mark. Measure from
the starting point to the ending mark - probably in inches. If you need centimeters it's 2.54 cm /
inch. I'm sure somebody has a figure based on tire size, but this way should be more accurate. Some
people go too revolutions and divide by two - as for me, one revolution was always more accurate
than what I get in the car.

Enter that distance in the format it calls for in you cycling computer. "CM" <[email protected]>