Computer setting for 650 wheels

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Cm, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Cm

    Cm Guest

    Does anyone know what the accurate setting is for 650 wheel size on a VDO computer.

    Thanks,

    CM

    Tags:

  2. No need for settings. Just put the wheel on and go. What do you need settings on your wheel for?
    Tire size, my friend.

    "CM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone know what the accurate setting is for 650 wheel size on a VDO computer.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > CM

  3. Mac

    Mac Guest

    The number will be the circumference measured in inches or centimeters, depending on your make and
    model of cycling computer.

    The way I measure it is to pump up the tire to the correct pressure. Then take the wheel with the
    magnet on it and place the valve stem at the 6:00 position right over a crack or other mark on the
    payment that I can measure from. Then with sitting astride the bike, bearing your normal weight on
    the bike, roll it until the valve stem in again in the 6:00 position and make a mark. Measure from
    the starting point to the ending mark - probably in inches. If you need centimeters it's 2.54 cm /
    inch. I'm sure somebody has a figure based on tire size, but this way should be more accurate. Some
    people go too revolutions and divide by two - as for me, one revolution was always more accurate
    than what I get in the car.

    Enter that distance in the format it calls for in you cycling computer. "CM" <[email protected]>