Computer with altimeter function

noumad

Sep 4, 2002
What computer with altimeter function would you recommend?
I'm looking at Vetta V100A that has various reviews. Are there any other computers that measure altitude?

Thanks,

Noumad

noumad said:
I'm looking at Vetta V100A that has various reviews. Are there any other computers that measure altitude?

Thanks,

Noumad
My Polar 725 does.

noumad said:

Thanks,

Noumad
Not a computer, but I've got a Timex Helix watch with altitude and temperature functions. It updates altitude every 15 seconds, and gives feet/min indication as well.

All these work on barometric pressure, so you need to update the pressure, or calibrate to a known altitude often in order to be fairly accurate. I just check/calibrate it as I leave home (I'm at 800 feet elevation).

A GPS unit is also a way to measure altitude, but it's only accurate within something like +/- 100 feet elevation. You can get a handlebar mount for the small units (like etrex). Very handy for those exploring rides since it will record a trail to follow home.

noumad said:

Thanks,

Noumad

Specialized Turbo gives you amount of altitude climbed,cadence etc. and wireless. I like mine and the price is around $100.00.