Computer workout logs

S

Spm073

I am looking for a good program or combination of programs to allow me to replace my wellworn
Tri-sports logs and weightlifing logs. Ive been tinkering with some trial versions of The Athlete's
Diary and others but cant seem to find the perfect combination for both cardio and weight training
information.

Im trying to find a way to chart/graph my triathlon training to monitor my weekly/monthly totals and
speeds, but i also want to track my weightlifting (sets, reps, weights,etc) progress.

Ive found some wonderful PC programs but i cant find any good ones that allow me to enter data in my
PAlm (i.e. at the gym or the track) and then sync to my PC for printing.

Any thoughts?

Patrick Dallas

http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_sw.html

that is one source. also google triathlon training excel and you get a lot of good hits. I found the
excel spreadsheet to be very good and easily modified to fit my needs. This is also assuming palm
runs excel. I use mine on a pocketpc. jojo

"Spm073" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am looking for a good program or combination of programs to allow me to replace my wellworn
> Tri-sports logs and weightlifing logs. Ive been
tinkering
> with some trial versions of The Athlete's Diary and others but cant seem
to
> find the perfect combination for both cardio and weight training
information.
>
> Im trying to find a way to chart/graph my triathlon training to monitor my weekly/monthly totals
> and speeds, but i also want to track my
weightlifting
> (sets, reps, weights,etc) progress.
>
> Ive found some wonderful PC programs but i cant find any good ones that
allow
> me to enter data in my PAlm (i.e. at the gym or the track) and then sync
to my
> PC for printing.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Patrick Dallas

[email protected] (Spm073) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am looking for a good program or combination of programs to allow me to replace my wellworn
> Tri-sports logs and weightlifing logs. Ive been tinkering with some trial versions of The
> Athlete's Diary and others but cant seem to find the perfect combination for both cardio and
> weight training information.
>
> Im trying to find a way to chart/graph my triathlon training to monitor my weekly/monthly totals
> and speeds, but i also want to track my weightlifting (sets, reps, weights,etc) progress.
>
> Ive found some wonderful PC programs but i cant find any good ones that allow me to enter data in
> my PAlm (i.e. at the gym or the track) and then sync to my PC for printing.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Patrick Dallas

Try WWW.crosstrak.com they have a freeware version... It's stand alone and excel spread sheet
dependent.

Joe

You can try this one:

http://www.tricats.org/trilog.asp

--
mark Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it is too dark to read -
Groucho Marx

tinkering
to
information.
>
weightlifting
>
allow
to my
> PC for printing.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Patrick Dallas

Deary me, - well how about actually opening up Excel and devising your own training log!

Far cheaper, far more fun. Excel 2000 is such a powerful application that you can customize what you
want very easily, so that each time you enter your data, it all updates automatically....exactly how
you want. And, you can total what you want, when you want, how you want... I even have a background
picci of me running on my graph, which always reminds me to keep motivated with my running
training:).

Time to get the books out, get learning some IT, dude! Tonnes of tutorials on the net' free...so get
going:))))

tinkering
to
information.
>
weightlifting
>
allow
to my
> PC for printing.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Patrick Dallas

Rebecca Bishop <[email protected]> wrote:
>Deary me, - well how about actually opening up Excel and devising your own training log!

>Time to get the books out, get learning some IT, dude! Tonnes of tutorials on the net' free...so
>get going:))))

That time might be better spent learning other things, dude. Why reinvent what others have done?
Code reuse is the mantra.

I work in the industry and I have so many topics higher on the list.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com