Computers that Mount on the Stem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by T. Field, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. T. Field

    T. Field Guest

    I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the stem.
    Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions is
    completely adequate

    Tags:

  2. Wbtobal

    Wbtobal Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
    Field) writes:

    >I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
    >stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
    >is completely adequate

    You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!

    Bill Tobalske

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    T. Field wrote:
    > I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
    > stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
    > is completely adequate

    Cateye do separate stem mounting kits for some of their computers.

    ~PB

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
    > stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
    > is completely adequate

    There's a neat little device called a Cronometro Knob that mounts any computer on the side of your
    aero bar or stem

  5. Bantae

    Bantae Guest

    You can get a stem mount for the Sigma but I don't know if it is compatable with the wireless unit.

    Eric

    > "T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
    > > stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
    > > functions is completely adequate

  6. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Yep I just bought one that did exactly that!

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    "WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
    > Field) writes:
    >
    > >I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
    > >stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
    > >functions is completely adequate
    > >

    > You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!
    >
    > Bill Tobalske

  7. Fred Roses

    Fred Roses Guest

    The Knob is a terrific little fixit, but the wireless adaptor for Sigma computer is actually a litle
    too wide to attach stably to the Knob, in my experience.

  8. Dana Kilalps

    Dana Kilalps Guest

    I've been using an old large Polar Pacer heart rate monitor display mounted to the stem with
    industrial strengh velcro. At first I was skeptical the display would stay affixed, but after
    several months, there has been no problem. I made sure the stem and back of the display was very
    clean before applying the sticky velcro pieces. I found the industrial strength velcro at the crafts
    news:[email protected]...