Computers that Mount on the Stem

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T. Field

I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the stem.
Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions is
completely adequate

W

Wbtobal

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
Field) writes:

>I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
>stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
>is completely adequate
>

You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!

Bill Tobalske

P

Pete Biggs

T. Field wrote:
> I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
> is completely adequate

Cateye do separate stem mounting kits for some of their computers.

~PB

A

A Muzi

"T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
> is completely adequate

There's a neat little device called a Cronometro Knob that mounts any computer on the side of your
aero bar or stem

--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

B

Bantae

You can get a stem mount for the Sigma but I don't know if it is compatable with the wireless unit.

Eric

> "T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> > stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
> > functions is completely adequate

Z

Zilla

Yep I just bought one that did exactly that!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
> Field) writes:
>
> >I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> >stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
> >functions is completely adequate
> >
>
> You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!
>
> Bill Tobalske

F

Fred Roses

The Knob is a terrific little fixit, but the wireless adaptor for Sigma computer is actually a litle
too wide to attach stably to the Knob, in my experience.

D

Dana Kilalps

I've been using an old large Polar Pacer heart rate monitor display mounted to the stem with
industrial strengh velcro. At first I was skeptical the display would stay affixed, but after
several months, there has been no problem. I made sure the stem and back of the display was very
clean before applying the sticky velcro pieces. I found the industrial strength velcro at the crafts
and notions department of Walmart. Dana "Fred Roses" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> The Knob is a terrific little fixit, but the wireless adaptor for Sigma computer is actually a
> litle too wide to attach stably to the Knob, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.