Computers that Mount on the Stem

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T. Field

I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the stem.
Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions is
completely adequate

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
Field) writes:

>I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
>stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
>is completely adequate
>

You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!

Bill Tobalske

T. Field wrote:
> I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
> is completely adequate

Cateye do separate stem mounting kits for some of their computers.

~PB

"T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available functions
> is completely adequate

There's a neat little device called a Cronometro Knob that mounts any computer on the side of your
aero bar or stem

--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

You can get a stem mount for the Sigma but I don't know if it is compatable with the wireless unit.

Eric

> "T. Field" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> > stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
> > functions is completely adequate

Yep I just bought one that did exactly that!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (T.
> Field) writes:
>
> >I'm constantly taking aero bars on and off and would like to mount the cycling computer on the
> >stem. Which brands do this? I have a Sigma wireless unit now which in terms of available
> >functions is completely adequate
> >
>
> You can use a Chronometro "Nob" to mount any computer on the stem (any size stem)!
>
> Bill Tobalske

The Knob is a terrific little fixit, but the wireless adaptor for Sigma computer is actually a litle
too wide to attach stably to the Knob, in my experience.

I've been using an old large Polar Pacer heart rate monitor display mounted to the stem with
industrial strengh velcro. At first I was skeptical the display would stay affixed, but after
several months, there has been no problem. I made sure the stem and back of the display was very
clean before applying the sticky velcro pieces. I found the industrial strength velcro at the crafts
and notions department of Walmart. Dana "Fred Roses" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> The Knob is a terrific little fixit, but the wireless adaptor for Sigma computer is actually a
> litle too wide to attach stably to the Knob, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.