computor help

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
hey, kind of off topic and i apologize, but my comp was on for a few hours, and the average temp was 132 degrees f :eek: could this have permanant damage on my comp?

Cycler6n said:
hey, kind of off topic and i apologize, but my comp was on for a few hours, and the average temp was 132 degrees f :eek: could this have permanant damage on my comp?

Leaving your computer on shouldn't cause that sort of temperature. Have you cleaned the dust out of the case and fans? My Mac has been turned off all of about 4 times in the last year, and it never runs that hot, even when it's busy doing lots of number crunching.

Clean out the case and fans, and then make sure nothing outside the computer is blocking airflow into the case.

If you're computer is operating normally and not doing crazy things with software, then there's likely no damage.

FWIW, long ago, Dell moved from putting quality components in their PCs to putting in the cheapest stuff. Dell is a word that is not allowed to be spoken around my house, and that has been the case since 2002.

ah, thx, my dell is like a 1998, its been upgraded a few times, so it runs very fast, but it slows down fast, I've never cleaned the fans, so thats prob. the reason, I just glanced at them and there filthy. I'll bring it to my comp guy