Computrainer and Cycling Peaks--Compatible

EpicriderGMAC

Dec 12, 2005
I have a question about importing data from the Computrainer in a Computrainer Studio to my computer using only Cycling Peaks.

Is this possible to do? Do I need the Coaching Software from RacerMate to de-code the data from the Computrainer? Is there any special process I have to follow in order to get the data to register on my Cycing Peaks software?

My plan right now is to go to the Computrainer studio at my LBS, do the ride and save the data, then use the serial cable connection to my laptop and download the data directly to Cycling Peaks.

Am I making a major error, or is it really that easy?

I am hardly the computer expert, so if anyone knows an easier/different way, chime in -- I'd like to learn myself. I think the CT Coaching software is necessary to "export" the file to a txt file (I've tried to just move a CT saved ride file to CP and it wouldn't work). After saving my ride, I "export" it with the CT Coaching software. Then open up Cyclingpeaks -- calendar. Find the converted file and drag the converted file to the appropriate date on the CP calendar. A box pops up and I specify myself as the athlete and then make sure the ride date is correct and hit save. It then shows up on CP -- it's pretty easy.

EpicriderGMAC said:
Do you have to have a registered version of the CT software in order to export the workout files?
yes. Using the latest official 3D software release (Aug. 2004 version).

rmur

I was a bit disgusted at having to get the CS to do the transfer but have found I use the CS quite a lot, especially for intervals. Since the .erg files set the wattage automatically it takes some of the cheating out of the equation (though it doesn't help you get to the end).