Computrainer question: How to combine courses?

Rob Kaufman

Guest
Am looking to link together two (or more) Computrainer
courses. Specifically, I've got the Kona ride split into ten
pieces, and am looking to "splice" them together into a
fewer number of files (2-4). Does anyone know how to take
two .3DC files and make them one?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Rob Boulder, CO

I would send an email to computrainer asking them if an
editor is available to concatenate the .3dc files.

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+

"Rob Kaufman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Am looking to link together two (or more) Computrainer
> courses. Specifically, I've got the Kona ride split into
> ten pieces, and am looking to "splice" them together into
> a fewer number of files (2-4). Does anyone know how to
> take two .3DC files and make them one?
>
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
>
> Rob Boulder, CO

> "Rob Kaufman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Am looking to link together two (or more) Computrainer
> > courses. Specifically, I've got the Kona ride split into
> > ten pieces, and am looking to "splice" them together
> > into a fewer number of files (2-4). Does anyone know how
> > to take two .3DC files and make them one?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
> >
> > Rob Boulder, CO

I do remember editing course files. It was possible to pick
up the "language" used just by looking at a file with any
text editor. This was some years ago. If it has not changed,
combining courses should be very easy.

Rob Kaufman wrote:
> Am looking to link together two (or more) Computrainer
> courses. Specifically, I've got the Kona ride split into
> ten pieces, and am looking to "splice" them together into
> a fewer number of files (2-4). Does anyone know how to
> take two .3DC files and make them one?
>
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
>
> Rob Boulder, CO

I think there is a new Editor out on the market. I believe
you can download and try it out.

http://www.intellicoach.ca/webroot/ProductErgplus.htm

--
Perre

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:18:32 -0500, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>> "Rob Kaufman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Am looking to link together two (or more)
>> > Computrainer courses. Specifically, I've got the Kona
>> > ride split into ten pieces, and am looking to
>> > "splice" them together into a fewer number of files
>> > (2-4). Does anyone know how to take two .3DC files
>> > and make them one?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
>> >
>> > Rob Boulder, CO
>>
> I do remember editing course files. It was possible to
> pick up the "language" used just by looking at a file with
> any text editor. This was some years ago. If it has not
> changed, combining courses should be very easy.

That was with the PC1 (2d) courses. I don't think there is
any easy way to splice 3d courses. There is an editor that
comes with the Topo Software that lets you generate courses
from Topo maps, but it is fairly limited and in my short use
of it, I did not see an easy way to splice courses.

I think that you can export the 3d course segments as pc1
courses, then use a text editor to splice them together.
Then you could import the result as a 3d course. You will
lose the shape of the course (i.e., turns at the correct
time in the correct direction) because pc1 course don't have
direction info, but you should get a elevation profile that
is accurate with randomly generated turns.