Computrainer Users: ErgVideo 3 Release

cbjesseeNH

Jun 10, 2005
I did a few months of beta testing for the new ErgVideo 3 software ErgVideo Inc. News

It's really fabulous. The RacerMate 3D rides and Real Course Videos are nice, but if you have a Computrainer and aren't using the erg training features, like the plans on Trainingpeaks and ErgVideos, you're missing a lot of potential training benefits. I'm not associated with the company - just a satisfied customer.

From their announcement:

Great new features include:

• ErgVideo 3 is standalone! No need for RacerMate companion applications CompCS or Multirider.
  • It's High Definition Video ready, and all new releases are recorded in brilliant HD!
  • Up to 24 CompuTrainer or VeloTrons supported, in any combination!
  • Lightening-fast and easy ride setup: you can be riding in as few as 2 clicks!
  • Powerful ride designer lets you build more complex ride sequences.
  • Easy, visual method to scale the ride difficulty.
  • Handlebar controller options to adjust intensity, Start/Stop/Pause and even re-calibrate your CompuTrainer at any time.
  • Pre-ride performance metrics analysis built-in.
  • Automatic performance file export and reports presentation.
  • Faster WMP and iTunes music player operation.
  • Training Plans are easier to use.
  • Even the logo is new and cool, too!

I downloaded the new release yesterday and did a ride this AM (Long Threshold Intervals). I was VERY impressed with the ease of operation. I especially liked the ease of calibrating your CT while in the middle of a video with a push of a button. I also liked how easy it auto-discovered the CT. Later, I tested auto discover with my newly purchased Velotron, and it worked like a charm!

Kudos to the ErgVideo development team.