Computrainer vs TACX I-magic

Guru_2_u_2 said:
Thanks for the insight.

I just got my CompuTrainer hooked up, so it is a little late to try something else!! It looks good, but there are two things that I wanted that CompuTrainer had and you cannot find BOTH on either the Tacx or Velodyne: Variety of courses (I have been doing ultra-marathon riding so 2-3 hours indoor rides are likely) and the spinscan to check my efficiency.

Ironically, in my first two rides, I was getting an average spinscan number of 94 (!!) but only at 180Watts. Time will tell if this is representative of my ability.

Also, the Velodyne is almost twice the cost of CompuTrainer, and while I think the stand/housing looks way cool, I kind of like the fold-up and put away option for the CT.

Anyway, I learned more today, and I appreciate the link.

Kind Regards,
Guru.
there are a number of couses for the Tacx Fortius and not only that when you run the catalyst program you can design your own rides to suit your needs maybe even run it with a real life video so you can see the terrain of some of your favourite courses.

I own a Tacx Imagic 1900T i enjoy setting my training intervals in the catalyst program i don't always use the terrains that come with the i magic cause they don't suit my trainin interval needs. if you do however, happen to purchase a tacx I magic you can also compete against friends either with netathlon or compete in the races and league at www.I-magicleague.com where you can download riders or upload your rides into the league this makes it fun during the off season so now you can still compete during the winter season.

but like i sais there are other routes http://imagic.e-cycling.se/index.php other than that come with the imagic :D

We have just about finished some new rides that will really add some spice to the collection. The 86km ride Ive just finished is set on one of the hottest days of this year down in Provence (south of France) takes in rustic ancient villages, fields of bright purple lavender a long descent down the Gorges de le Nesque & finishes in Bedoin which is where I will be tomorrow for the grovel up the Ventoux. Its really nice to see this thing finally playing in the Catalyst software!

Also finished is a gritty ride over Austrian climb of the Großglockner from the South in rather challenging weather :cool: . A new version of a ride that now includes the Telegraphe.

The first ErgoVideo which uses the powerful Ergometer functions of the Fortius to reproduce the efforts you would have to make to stay with a group of world class triathlets (including the world womans Biathlon champion). Your weight is taken into account so those hills & efforts out in the open will hurt as in real life (you can set the ride to your level of fitness). This is a 2.5hr session which you can do in sections if you want.

Next week I start work on the super tough Italian climb of the Mortirlo Gavia & a easy flat ride along lake Isio.

I have some MTB single track footage of a world cup route with Power data, would anyone here be interested in this if it was on CDrom?