Computrainer - Windows XP

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Steve, Feb 21, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have just migrated my CT v3 kit from a Win2k laptop to a XP Pro OS with DirectX 9.0.

    Everything is normal except I've noticed that the racers refuse to line up astern when drafting is
    ON. The F3 'drafting on/off' toggle from the controller is registering on screen OK but the racers
    don't seem to respond to it now and stay shoulder to shoulder with a moderate drafting effect felt
    at 2' separation.

    I believe there are other XP-isms regarding cornering lines that are noted bugs but is anyone else
    getting this effect ?

    S.

    Tags:

  2. I was part of the beta group for the computrainer software beginning when xp 1st came out. I has
    some problems with the pacer osicllating through turns but not what you are describing. Ultimately
    most of the problems were related to the video cards. My suggestion would be to make sure you have
    the most current computrainer software update as there is a relatively new one & also make sure you
    have the most current driver for the video driver software. XP has been nortorious for the lack of
    adequate drivers.

    news:[email protected]...