Computrainer - Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

I have just migrated my CT v3 kit from a Win2k laptop to a XP Pro OS with DirectX 9.0.

Everything is normal except I've noticed that the racers refuse to line up astern when drafting is
ON. The F3 'drafting on/off' toggle from the controller is registering on screen OK but the racers
don't seem to respond to it now and stay shoulder to shoulder with a moderate drafting effect felt
at 2' separation.

I believe there are other XP-isms regarding cornering lines that are noted bugs but is anyone else
getting this effect ?

S.

I was part of the beta group for the computrainer software beginning when xp 1st came out. I has
some problems with the pacer osicllating through turns but not what you are describing. Ultimately
most of the problems were related to the video cards. My suggestion would be to make sure you have
the most current computrainer software update as there is a relatively new one & also make sure you
have the most current driver for the video driver software. XP has been nortorious for the lack of
adequate drivers.

Barbara L "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have just migrated my CT v3 kit from a Win2k laptop to a XP Pro OS with DirectX 9.0.
>
> Everything is normal except I've noticed that the racers refuse to line up astern when drafting is
> ON. The F3 'drafting on/off' toggle from the controller is registering on screen OK but the racers
> don't seem to
respond
> to it now and stay shoulder to shoulder with a moderate drafting effect
felt
> at 2' separation.
>
> I believe there are other XP-isms regarding cornering lines that are noted bugs but is anyone else
> getting this effect ?
>
> S.

Status
Not open for further replies.