computrainer

Tim

Guest
Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about ready to buy it but would like
some feedback from a current user. thanks

tp

"Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about
ready to
> buy it but would like some feedback from a current user.

It's great -- makes training more quantifiable and controllable. Though I suppose that if I were to
do it all over again I would get an SRM and just use that with a regular windtrainer inside. Then I
could more easily measure power outside.

It is extremely motivational to try to increase your workouts by small increments of power and get
immediate and clear feedback.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"Tim" <[email protected]> wrote
> Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about ready to buy it but would like
> some feedback from a current user. thanks

Been using one for 6 years, and just recently upgraded to the 3-D version. Well worth the money I
spent on it. Easier to do real focused training, and easier to do longer rides indoors. I used to
get bored after 45 minutes on a trainer, but with the Computrainer I can do 90 minute rides without
boredom being an issue.

Check out the velodynes too. Here's the link:

http://www.velodynesports.com/

I have one thats about 15 yrs old. Putting aside the pretty computer graphics, the actual trainer
unit, with a 25lb flywheel and heavy base, blows the computrainer away (IMO).