computrainer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tim, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about ready to buy it but would like
    some feedback from a current user. thanks

    tp

    Tags:

  2. "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about
    ready to
    > buy it but would like some feedback from a current user.

    It's great -- makes training more quantifiable and controllable. Though I suppose that if I were to
    do it all over again I would get an SRM and just use that with a regular windtrainer inside. Then I
    could more easily measure power outside.

    It is extremely motivational to try to increase your workouts by small increments of power and get
    immediate and clear feedback.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Does anyone have any experience with this product...I am just about ready to buy it but would like
    > some feedback from a current user. thanks

    Been using one for 6 years, and just recently upgraded to the 3-D version. Well worth the money I
    spent on it. Easier to do real focused training, and easier to do longer rides indoors. I used to
    get bored after 45 minutes on a trainer, but with the Computrainer I can do 90 minute rides without
    boredom being an issue.

  4. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Check out the velodynes too. Here's the link:

    http://www.velodynesports.com/

    I have one thats about 15 yrs old. Putting aside the pretty computer graphics, the actual trainer
    unit, with a 25lb flywheel and heavy base, blows the computrainer away (IMO).