concealed genius?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dh Ld, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Dh Ld

    Dh Ld Guest

    From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great one nears the end
    Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT

    Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to mean
    he did much with which I agreed, although I did agree with
    much of what Reagan did
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ or
    obvious idiocy?

    Tags:

  2. Reagan was a second-rate Hollywood actor who came to the
    Presidency when he was already half-senile.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great one nears the
    > end Message-ID:
    > <[email protected]>
    > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    >
    > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to mean
    > he did much with which I agreed, although I did agree with
    > much of what Reagan did
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    > or obvious idiocy?

  3. Immortalist

    Immortalist Guest

    Ronald Reagan

    At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan viewed
    with satisfaction the achievements of his innovative program
    known as the Reagan Revolution, which aimed to reinvigorate
    the American people and reduce their reliance upon
    Government. He felt he had fulfilled his campaign pledge of
    1980 to restore "the great, confident roar of American
    progress and growth and optimism."

    On February 6, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born to Nelle
    and John Reagan in Tampico, Illinois. He attended high
    school in nearby Dixon and then worked his way through
    Eureka College. There, he studied economics and sociology,
    played on the football team, and acted in school plays. Upon
    graduation, he became a radio sports announcer. A screen
    test in 1937 won him a contract in Hollywood. During the
    next two decades he appeared in 53 films.

    From his first marriage to actress Jane Wyman, he had two
    children, Maureen and Michael. Maureen passed away in 2001.
    In 1952 he married Nancy Davis, who was also an actress, and
    they had two children, Patricia Ann and Ronald Prescott.

    As president of the Screen Actors Guild, Reagan became
    embroiled in disputes over the issue of Communism in the
    film industry; his political views shifted from liberal to
    conservative. He toured the country as a television host,
    becoming a spokesman for conservatism. In 1966 he was
    elected Governor of California by a margin of a million
    votes; he was re-elected in 1970.

    Ronald Reagan won the Republican Presidential nomination in
    1980 and chose as his running mate former Texas Congressman
    and United Nations Ambassador George Bush. Voters troubled
    by inflation and by the year-long confinement of Americans
    in Iran swept the Republican ticket into office. Reagan won
    489 electoral votes to 49 for President Jimmy Carter.

    On January 20, 1981, Reagan took office. Only 69 days later
    he was shot by a would-be assassin, but quickly recovered
    and returned to duty. His grace and wit during the dangerous
    incident caused his popularity to soar.

    Dealing skillfully with Congress, Reagan obtained
    legislation to stimulate economic growth, curb inflation,
    increase employment, and strengthen national defense. He
    embarked upon a course of cutting taxes and Government
    expenditures, refusing to deviate from it when the
    strengthening of defense forces led to a large deficit.

    A renewal of national self-confidence by 1984 helped Reagan
    and Bush win a second term with an unprecedented number of
    electoral votes. Their victory turned away Democratic
    challengers Walter F. Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro.

    In 1986 Reagan obtained an overhaul of the income tax code,
    which eliminated many deductions and exempted millions of
    people with low incomes. At the end of his administration,
    the Nation was enjoying its longest recorded period of
    peacetime prosperity without recession or depression.

    In foreign policy, Reagan sought to achieve "peace through
    strength." During his two terms he increased defense
    spending 35 percent, but sought to improve relations with
    the Soviet Union. In dramatic meetings with Soviet leader
    Mikhail Gorbachev, he negotiated a treaty that would
    eliminate intermediate-range nuclear missiles. Reagan
    declared war against international terrorism, sending
    American bombers against Libya after evidence came out that
    Libya was involved in an attack on American soldiers in a
    West Berlin nightclub.

    By ordering naval escorts in the Persian Gulf, he maintained
    the free flow of oil during the Iran-Iraq war. In keeping
    with the Reagan Doctrine, he gave support to anti-Communist
    insurgencies in Central America, Asia, and Africa.

    Overall, the Reagan years saw a restoration of
    prosperity, and the goal of peace through strength seemed
    to be within grasp.

    --------------------

    For more information about President Reagan, please visit
    http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great one nears the
    > end Message-ID:
    > <[email protected]>
    > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    >
    > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to mean
    > he did much with which I agreed, although I did agree with
    > much of what Reagan did
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    > or obvious idiocy?

  4. Greatest job of concealment in history.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great one nears the
    > end Message-ID:
    > <[email protected]>
    > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    >
    > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to mean
    > he did much with which I agreed, although I did agree with
    > much of what Reagan did
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    > or obvious idiocy?

  5. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

    "Immortalist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    in
    > Iran swept the Republican ticket into office. Reagan won
    > 489 electoral
    votes to
    > 49 for President Jimmy Carter.
    >
    > On January 20, 1981, Reagan took office. Only 69 days
    > later he was shot by
    > would-be assassin, but quickly recovered and returned to
    > duty. His grace
    and wit
    > during the dangerous incident caused his popularity
    > to soar.
    >
    > Dealing skillfully with Congress, Reagan obtained
    > legislation to stimulate economic growth, curb inflation,
    > increase employment, and strengthen
    national
    > defense. He embarked upon a course of cutting taxes and
    > Government
    expenditures,
    > refusing to deviate from it when the strengthening of
    to a

    ------

    > For more information about President Reagan, please visit
    > http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/
    >
    > http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html
    >

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ___________________________________________________-
    > > ______
    > > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > > talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great one nears the
    > > end Message-ID:
    > > <[email protected]>
    > > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    > >
    > > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to
    > > mean he did much with which I agreed, although I did
    > > agree with much of what Reagan did ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯-
    > > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ or obvious idiocy?

  6. Wilson Woods

    Wilson Woods Guest

    More from Ronald Brownstein's political analysis in
    todays L.A. Times:

    But Reagan established the foundation for the GOP gains
    since then. Both the Republican majority in the House
    and Senate, as well as George W. Bush's razor-thin
    electoral college majority in 2000, rest on the party's
    dominance in the South, an advantage bequeathed to them
    largely by Reagan.

    Reagan also triggered changes that helped revive the
    Democrats. His 49-state victory over Walter F. Mondale
    in 1984 inspired the creation of the centrist Democratic
    Leadership Council, which spearheaded the critique of
    traditional liberalism that led to Clinton's "New
    Democratic" message and his presidential victories in
    the 1990s.

    "It was the 1984 election that I think convinced people …
    that the old version of the Democratic Party, whatever its
    historical and moral merits, was no longer a viable
    majority party," said Galston, who served as Mondale's
    issues director in 1984 and later worked in the Clinton
    White House.

    Much of Clinton's agenda — which sought to balance
    opportunity and responsibility and prove that government
    activism was compatible with fiscal restraint — tried to
    retool liberalism to respond to Reagan's criticisms of it.

    At the same time, Reagan inspired thousands of young
    conservatives who have come to dominate every aspect of the
    Republican Party, from its elected officials to its executive-
    branch appointees and political strategists. Almost
    everything about George W. Bush's presidency — from its
    focus on tax cuts to its moral certitude — reflects Reagan's
    imprint more than that of Bush's father, George H.W. Bush.

    This may be the most telling measure of Reagan's impact. He
    shook the political landscape so powerfully that he became
    one of the few who profoundly influenced both major parties,
    forcing Democrats toward the center while tilting
    Republicans toward the right.

    Long after he returned to California, Reagan shaped the
    choices that his successors could pursue. He does so
    even today.

    http://tinyurl.com/23vdq

  7. Rick Etter

    Rick Etter Guest

    "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    ==============
    Yeah, I'm sure you would prefer the self-admitted war
    criminal, kerry, eh killer?

    > "Immortalist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ronald Reagan
    > >
    > > At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan
    > > viewed with
    > satisfaction the
    > > achievements of his innovative program known as the
    > > Reagan Revolution,
    > which
    > > aimed to reinvigorate the American people and reduce
    > > their reliance upon Government. He felt he had fulfilled
    > > his campaign pledge of 1980 to
    > restore "the
    > > great, confident roar of American progress and growth
    > > and optimism."
    > >
    > > On February 6, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born to
    > > Nelle and John
    > Reagan in
    > > Tampico, Illinois. He attended high school in nearby
    > > Dixon and then
    worked
    > his
    > > way through Eureka College. There, he studied economics
    > > and sociology,
    > played on
    > > the football team, and acted in school plays. Upon
    > > graduation, he became
    > radio
    > > sports announcer. A screen test in 1937 won him a
    > > contract in Hollywood.
    > During
    > > the next two decades he appeared in 53 films.
    > >
    > > From his first marriage to actress Jane Wyman, he had
    > > two children,
    > Maureen and
    > > Michael. Maureen passed away in 2001. In 1952 he married
    > > Nancy Davis,
    who
    > was
    > > also an actress, and they had two children, Patricia Ann
    > > and Ronald
    > Prescott.
    > >
    > > As president of the Screen Actors Guild, Reagan became
    > > embroiled in
    > disputes over
    > > the issue of Communism in the film industry; his
    > > political views shifted
    > from
    > > liberal to conservative. He toured the country as a
    > > television host,
    > becoming a
    > > spokesman for conservatism. In 1966 he was elected
    > > Governor of
    California
    > by a
    > > margin of a million votes; he was re-elected in 1970.
    > >
    > > Ronald Reagan won the Republican Presidential nomination
    > > in 1980 and
    chose
    > as his
    > > running mate former Texas Congressman and United Nations
    > > Ambassador
    George
    > Bush.
    > > Voters troubled by inflation and by the year-long
    > > confinement of
    Americans
    > in
    > > Iran swept the Republican ticket into office. Reagan won
    > > 489 electoral
    > votes to
    > > 49 for President Jimmy Carter.
    > >
    > > On January 20, 1981, Reagan took office. Only 69 days
    > > later he was shot
    by
    > > would-be assassin, but quickly recovered and returned to
    > > duty. His grace
    > and wit
    > > during the dangerous incident caused his popularity
    > > to soar.
    > >
    > > Dealing skillfully with Congress, Reagan obtained
    > > legislation to
    stimulate
    > > economic growth, curb inflation, increase employment,
    > > and strengthen
    > national
    > > defense. He embarked upon a course of cutting taxes and
    > > Government
    > expenditures,
    > > refusing to deviate from it when the strengthening of
    > > defense forces led
    > to a
    > > large deficit.
    > >
    > > A renewal of national self-confidence by 1984 helped
    > > Reagan and Bush win
    > second
    > > term with an unprecedented number of electoral votes.
    > > Their victory
    turned
    > away
    > > Democratic challengers Walter F. Mondale and Geraldine
    > > Ferraro.
    > >
    > > In 1986 Reagan obtained an overhaul of the income tax
    > > code, which
    > eliminated many
    > > deductions and exempted millions of people with low
    > > incomes. At the end
    of
    > his
    > > administration, the Nation was enjoying its longest
    > > recorded period of
    > peacetime
    > > prosperity without recession or depression.
    > >
    > > In foreign policy, Reagan sought to achieve "peace
    > > through strength."
    > During his
    > > two terms he increased defense spending 35 percent, but
    > > sought to
    improve
    > > relations with the Soviet Union. In dramatic meetings
    > > with Soviet leader
    > Mikhail
    > > Gorbachev, he negotiated a treaty that would eliminate
    intermediate-range
    > nuclear
    > > missiles. Reagan declared war against international
    > > terrorism, sending
    > American
    > > bombers against Libya after evidence came out that Libya
    > > was involved in
    > an
    > > attack on American soldiers in a West Berlin nightclub.
    > >
    > > By ordering naval escorts in the Persian Gulf, he
    > > maintained the free
    flow
    > of oil
    > > during the Iran-Iraq war. In keeping with the Reagan
    > > Doctrine, he gave
    > support to
    > > anti-Communist insurgencies in Central America, Asia,
    > > and Africa.
    > >
    > > Overall, the Reagan years saw a restoration of
    > > prosperity, and the goal
    of
    > peace
    > > through strength seemed to be within grasp.

    > ----------------
    > ------
    > >
    > > For more information about President Reagan, please
    > > visit http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/
    > >
    > > http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html
    > >

    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > _____________________________________________________-
    > > > ____
    > > > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]>
    > > > Newsgroups: talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great
    > > > one nears the end Message-ID:
    > > > <[email protected]>
    > > > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    > > >
    > > > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to
    > > > mean he did much with which I agreed, although I did
    > > > agree with much of what Reagan did ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯-
    > > > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ or obvious
    > > > idiocy?

  8. Immortalist

    Immortalist Guest

    "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Good riddance to bad rubbish.

    Can you define bad rubbish and show how person is it?

> [...]
    > peace
    > > through strength seemed to be within grasp.

    > > ------------------
    > ------
    > >
    > > For more information about President Reagan, please
    > > visit http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/
    > >
    > > http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html
    > >

    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > _____________________________________________________-
    > > > ____
    > > > From: Jonathan Ball <[email protected]>
    > > > Newsgroups: talk.politics.animals Subject: OT: A great
    > > > one nears the end Message-ID:
    > > > <[email protected]>
    > > > Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:52:33 GMT
    > > >
    > > > Reagan was a great president. I do not use "great" to
    > > > mean he did much with which I agreed, although I did
    > > > agree with much of what Reagan did ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯-
    > > > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ or obvious

  9. Keynes

    Keynes Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:08:53 -0700, "Immortalist" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]> wrote
    >in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    >>

    >Can you define bad rubbish and show how person is it?

    "Trees cause pollution." -- R Reagan, playing presidential.
    "Catsup is a vegetable." -- E Butz, Sec of Ag. on reducing
    school lunches. "Jesus is coming soon." so why save
    environment? -- J Watts, Sec of Int. "Off the shelf
    operation." -- Casey, DCIA Iran-Contra black ops warrior "I
    did it and I'm Glad." -- Ollie North, traitor and thief "I
    don't remember. (wink, wink)" -- R Reagan under
    investigation. "I was out of the loop." VP GHW Bush. (I know
    nothing. noth-thing.)

    The Reagan administration was the most corrupt in US
    history. The most serious crimes, most indictments and
    convictions. (Overturned by friendly judges on appeal, due
    to immunity, and pardons by GHW Bush on his election. The
    records of that admin have been sealed by dubya.)

    Even aside from the policy differences that led to treason,
    there were embezzlement and crony giveaways to mining,
    logging, HUD, etc. The environment was decimated. The great
    deficits of the Reagan/Bush, Bush/Quayle years have never
    been paid off, and dubya has done his best to increase the
    slide to national bankruptcy.

    Under Reagan incentives to business were begun for the
    export of american factories and jobs. The MI complex
    began the great SDI Starwars defense system boondogle
    which dubya revived. Reagan repealed the FCC fairness
    doctrine and weakened enforcement of just about all
    business controls, particularly monopoly consolidation.
    Powell junior is carrying on the FCC tradition of complete
    media monopoly. Yay.

    Reagan Lied to the american people (and congress) about
    "arms for hostages" and "negotiating with terrorists" while
    running an illegal war (against the will of congress, namely
    us) in Nicaragua. He also supported death squads all over
    central and south america, El Salvador, Guatemala, Peru
    (Pinochet), the great murdering in Argentina, and death
    squads all over Africa.. He is the hero of all dictators
    everywhere.

    He aided Sadaam Husein during the Kurd gassing and Iran war
    (with Rumsfeld and Cheney). His CIA corrupted the clerics in
    Saudi Arabia to militarize wahabbism and spread it all over
    the world, particularly in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Osama
    was on the CIA payroll to recruit mujahadeen to drive the
    Soviets and their allies, the northern alliance, out of
    Afghanistan. (We had to reverse this policy after Osama got
    frisky.) We knew where the caves were in Afghanistan,
    because the CIA virtually built them.

    Reagan had the marines take sides in Lebanon, leading to
    terrorist bombing of 240 marines there. So we ran away. But
    to prove our strength, we sent a huge combined operation
    into the tiny island of Grenada to defeat a few dozen Cubans
    who were building an airfield. Whatta comedy. We were
    tripping all over ourselves there.

    Reagan brought mourning to America, and it still continues.
    I'd rather think him a fool than to think he knew all the
    harm he was doing. During his presidency, especially the
    second term (as shown in the debates), he appeared unable to
    separate fact from fiction. But he never was a very clever
    man, although charming. He was a convincing actor. Mike
    Deever, his trainer, said, "We could tell him to go out and
    pick up an acorn on TV and he'd do it." He took direction
    all his life. His handler R Ailes now heads Fox TV. They
    made sure to get Ronny on TV every night, smiling next to a
    flag somewhere. Great flaks, but all show. The Reagan
    administaration was Evil and Stupid. And now the chickens
    are coming home to roost.

  10. I suppose you're also a Bush fan - the Texas Mass Murderer
    turned international genocidist?

    "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R-
    [email protected]

    > "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    > ==============
    > Yeah, I'm sure you would prefer the self-admitted war
    > criminal, kerry, eh killer?
    >

    > > "Immortalist" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Ronald Reagan
    > > >
    > > > At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan
    > > > viewed with
    > > satisfaction the
    > > > achievements of his innovative program known as the
    > > > Reagan Revolution,
    > > which
    > > > aimed to reinvigorate the American people and reduce
    > > > their reliance
    upon
    > > > Government. He felt he had fulfilled his campaign
    > > > pledge of 1980 to
    > > restore "the
    > > > great, confident roar of American progress and growth
    > > > and optimism."
    > > >
    > > > On February 6, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born to
    > > > Nelle and John
    > > Reagan in
    > > > Tampico, Illinois. He attended high school in nearby
    > > > Dixon and then
    > worked
    > > his
    > > > way through Eureka College. There, he studied
    > > > economics and sociology,
    > > played on
    > > > the football team, and acted in school plays. Upon
    > > > graduation, he
    became
    > > radio
    > > > sports announcer. A screen test in 1937 won him a
    > > > contract in
    Hollywood.
    > > During
    > > > the next two decades he appeared in 53 films.
    > > >
    > > > From his first marriage to actress Jane Wyman, he had
    > > > two children,
    > > Maureen and
    > > > Michael. Maureen passed away in 2001. In 1952 he
    > > > married Nancy Davis,
    > who
    > > was
    > > > also an actress, and they had two children, Patricia
    > > > Ann and Ronald
    > > Prescott.
    > > >
    > > > As president of the Screen Actors Guild, Reagan became
    > > > embroiled in
    > > disputes over
    > > > the issue of Communism in the film industry; his
    > > > political views
    shifted
    > > from
    > > > liberal to conservative. He toured the country as a
    > > > television host,
    > > becoming a
    > > > spokesman for conservatism. In 1966 he was elected
    > > > Governor of
    > California
    > > by a
    > > > margin of a million votes; he was re-elected in 1970.
    > > >
    > > > Ronald Reagan won the Republican Presidential
    > > > nomination in 1980 and
    > chose
    > > as his
    > > > running mate former Texas Congressman and United
    > > > Nations Ambassador
    > George
    > > Bush.
    > > > Voters troubled by inflation and by the year-long
    > > > confinement of
    > Americans
    > > in
    > > > Iran swept the Republican ticket into office. Reagan
    > > > won 489 electoral
    > > votes to
    > > > 49 for President Jimmy Carter.
    > > >
    > > > On January 20, 1981, Reagan took office. Only 69 days
    > > > later he was
    shot
    > by
    > > > would-be assassin, but quickly recovered and returned
    > > > to duty. His
    grace
    > > and wit
    > > > during the dangerous incident caused his popularity to
    > > > soar.
    > > >
    > > > Dealing skillfully with Congress, Reagan obtained
    > > > legislation to
    > stimulate
    > > > economic growth, curb inflation, increase employment,
    > > > and strengthen
    > > national
    > > > defense. He embarked upon a course of cutting taxes
    > > > and Government
    > > expenditures,
    > > > refusing to deviate from it when the strengthening of
    > > > defense forces
    led
    > > to a
    > > > large deficit.
    > > >
    > > > A renewal of national self-confidence by 1984 helped
    > > > Reagan and Bush
    win
    > > second
    > > > term with an unprecedented number of electoral votes.
    > > > Their victory
    > turned
    > > away
    > > > Democratic challengers Walter F. Mondale and Geraldine
    > > > Ferraro.
    > > >
    > > > In 1986 Reagan obtained an overhaul of the income tax
    > > > code, which
    > > eliminated many
    > > > deductions and exempted millions of people with low
    > > > incomes. At the
    end
    > of
    > > his
    > > > administration, the Nation was enjoying its longest
    > > > recorded period of
    > > peacetime
    > > > prosperity without recession or depression.
    > > >
    > > > In foreign policy, Reagan sought to achieve "peace
    > > > through strength."
    > > During his
    > > > two terms he increased defense spending 35 percent,
    > > > but sought to
    > improve
    > > > relations with the Soviet Union. In dramatic meetings
    > > > with Soviet
    leader
    > > Mikhail
    > > > Gorbachev, he negotiated a treaty that would eliminate
    > intermediate-range
    > > nuclear
    > > > missiles. Reagan declared war against international
    > > > terrorism, sending
    > > American
    > > > bombers against Libya after evidence came out that
    > > > Libya was involved
    in
    > > an
    > > > attack on American soldiers in a West Berlin
    > > > nightclub.
    > > >
    > > > By ordering naval escorts in the Persian Gulf, he
    > > > maintained the free
    > flow
    > > of oil
    > > > during the Iran-Iraq war. In keeping with the Reagan
    > > > Doctrine, he gave
    > > support to
    > > > anti-Communist insurgencies in Central America, Asia,
    > > > and Africa.
    > > >
    > > > Overall, the Reagan years saw a restoration of
    > > > prosperity, and the
    goal
    > of
    > > peace
    > > > through strength seemed to be within grasp.

    > ----------------
    > > ------
    > > >
    > > > For more information about President Reagan, please
    > > > visit http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/
    > > >
    > > > http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/rr40.html
    > > >

    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

  11. Karl Hungus

    Karl Hungus Guest

    "Keynes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The Reagan administration was the most corrupt in US
    > history. The most serious crimes, most indictments and
    > convictions. (Overturned by friendly judges on appeal, due
    > to immunity, and pardons by GHW Bush on his election. The
    > records of that admin have been sealed by dubya.)
    >
    > Even aside from the policy differences that led to
    > treason, there were embezzlement and crony giveaways to
    > mining, logging, HUD, etc. The environment was decimated.
    > The great deficits of the Reagan/Bush, Bush/Quayle years
    > have never been paid off, and dubya has done his best to
    > increase the slide to national bankruptcy.

    <snipped remainder of tirade>

    You're going to need this: http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

    The voices are real, and they're being projected into what's
    left of your mind by the CIA.

  12. Immortalist

    Immortalist Guest

    "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Immortalist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=alt.dumpster

    > > Can you define bad rubbish and show how person is it?
    > >
    > Ol' Raygun defined it very well in terms of himself. There
    > is no need to elaborate.

    http://www.insanereagan.com/images/wolf_protest.jpg
    http://www.insanereagan.com/theater.shtml
    http://www.insanereagan.com/

    We've got the kind of President who thinks that arms control
    means some kind of deodorant.
    - Pat Schroeder, on Ronald Reagan

    The mad dog of the Middle East
    - Ronald Reagan, on Colonel Gadaffi

    Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression
    is when you lose yours, and recovery is when Jimmy Carter
    loses his.
    - Ronald Reagan

    The signs of the Vietnam War protestors said "Make Love not
    War!" It didn't seem to me that they were capable of either.
    - Ronald Reagan

    We are especially not going to tolerate these attacks from
    outlaw states run by the strangest collection of misfits,
    Looney Tunes and squalid criminals since the advent of the
    Third Reich.
    - Ronald Reagan, on the hijacking of a US plane in 1985

    I know for a fact that Mr Reagan is not clear about the
    difference between the Medici and the Gucci. He knows that
    Nancy wears one.
    - Gore Vidal, on Ronald Reagan

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I
    have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance
    to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan

    A triumph of the embalmers art.
    - Gore Vidal, on Ronald Reagan

    He has a chance to make somebody move over on Mount
    Rushmore. He's working for his place on the coins and the
    postage stamps.
    - Henry Graff, on Ronald Reagan

    In a disastrous fire in President Reagan's library both
    books were destroyed. And the real tragedy is that he hadn't
    finished coloring one.
    - Jonathan Hunt, on Ronald Reagan

    In the heat of a political lifetime, he innocently squirrels
    away tidbits of misinformation and then, sometimes years
    later, casually drops them into his public discourse, like
    gumballs in a quiche.
    - Lucy Howard, on Ronald Reagan

    People say satire is dead. It's not dead; it's alive and
    living in the White House. He makes a Macy's Thanksgiving
    Day float look ridiculous. I think he's slowly but surely
    regressing into movies again. In his mind he's looking at
    dailies, playing dailies over and over.
    - Robin Williams, on Ronald Reagan

    I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of
    national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.
    - Ronald Reagan

    Reagan won because he ran against Jimmy Carter, if he'd run
    unopposed he would have lost.
    - Mort Sahl, on Ronald Reagan

    What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with
    a chimp, could have a future in politics?
    - Ronald Reagan, on Clint Eastwood running for mayor of
    Carmel

    Compared to the Clintons, Reagan is living proof that
    a Republican with half a brain is better than a
    Democrat with two.
    - P.J. O'Rourke, on Ronald Reagan

    Ronald Reagan couldn't be here tonight, he's posing for the
    cover of 'Guns and Ammo'.
    - Johnny Carson, on Ronald Reagan

    He doesn't die his hair - he's just prematurely orange.
    - Gerald Ford, on Ronald Reagan

    He doesn't die his hair, he bleaches his face.
    - Johnny Carson, on Ronald Reagan

    He has a chance to make somebody move over on Mount
    Rushmore. He's working for his place on the coins and the
    postage stamps.
    - Henry Graff, on Ronald Reagan

    I believe that Ronald Reagan will someday make this country
    what it once was... an arctic wilderness.
    - Steve Martin, on Ronald Reagan

    I think Nancy does most of his talking; you'll notice that
    she never drinks water when Ronnie speaks.
    - Robin Williams, on Ronald Reagan

    I hear Reagan sleeps a lot; I think its good that we have a
    sleeping President - the more he sleeps, the safer we are.
    - Arlo Guthrie, on Ronald Reagan

    The youthful sparkle in his eyes is caused by his contact
    lenses, which he keeps highly polished.
    - Sheila Graham, on Ronald Reagan

    My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed
    legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins
    in five minutes.
    - Ronald Reagan, said during a radio microphone test, 1984

    Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are
    many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always
    write a book.
    - Ronald Reagan

    Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a
    big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility
    at the other.
    - Ronald Reagan

    Washington could not tell a lie; Nixon could not tell the
    truth; Reagan cannot tell the difference.
    - Mort Sahl, on Ronald Reagan

    "I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to
    take care of itself."

    "I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of
    national emergency — even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting."

    "Well, I learned a lot....I went down to (Latin America) to
    find out from them and (learn) their views. You'd be
    surprised. They're all individual countries"

    "My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've
    signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin
    bombing in five minutes." –joking during a mike check before
    his Saturday radio broadcast

    "I don't know. I've never played a governor." –asked by a
    reporter in 1966 what kind of governor he would be

    "Facts are stupid things." –at the 1988 Republican National
    Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts
    are stubborn things"

    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I
    have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance
    to the first."

    "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles."

    "All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be
    stored under a desk."

    "They say hard work never hurt anybody, but I figure why
    take the chance."

    "There is absolutely no circumstance whatever under which I
    would accept that spot. Even if they tied and gagged me, I
    would find a way to signal by wiggling my ears." –on
    possibly being offered the vice presidency in 1968

    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he
    picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful."
    –explaining why he liked to have a jar of jelly beans on
    hand for important meetings

    "I hope you're all Republicans." -speaking to surgeons
    as he entered the operating room following his
    assassination attempt

    "I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue
    of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political
    purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience." -during a
    1984 presidential debate with Walter Mondale

    "The state of California has no business subsidizing
    intellectual curiosity." –responding to student protests on
    college campuses during his tenure as California governor

    "Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from
    hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go
    overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards
    from man-made sources."

    "Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression
    is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter
    loses his."

    "We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think
    we're going to succeed."

    "As a matter of fact, Nancy never had any interest in
    politics or anything else when we got married."

    "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already
    been born."

    "I'm afraid I can't use a mule. I have several hundred up on
    Capitol Hill." –refusing a gift of a mule

    "What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more
    aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the
    best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on
    the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say,
    by choice."

    "How are you, Mr. Mayor? I'm glad to meet you. How are
    things in your city?" –greeting Samual Pierce, his secretary
    of Housing and Urban Development, during a White House
    reception for mayors

    "My name is Ronald Reagan. What's yours?" –introducing
    himself after delivering a prep school commencement address.
    The individual responded, "I'm your son, Mike," to which
    Reagan replied, "Oh, I didn't recognize you."

    "Politics is just like show business. You have a hell
    of an opening, you coast for awhile, you have a hell of
    a closing."

    "What does an actor know about politics?" –criticizing Ed
    Asner for opposing American foreign policy

    "What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with
    a chimp, could have a future in politics?" -on Clint
    Eastwood's bid to become mayor of Carmel

    "How can a president not be an actor?" -when asked "How
    could an actor become president?'

    http://www.politicaltoons.com/flash/hasta_la_vista.cfm

  13. Wilson Woods

    Wilson Woods Guest

    Keynes wrote:

    > On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:08:53 -0700, "Immortalist"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]>
    >>wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    >>>

    >>Can you define bad rubbish and show how person is it?
    >>

    > "Trees cause pollution." -- R Reagan, playing
    > presidential.

    Read it and weep, crybaby:

    When Ronald Reagan said trees caused pollution, most
    people thought he was up a gum tree. Australian
    researchers have now discovered that, in the case of
    eucalypts at least, the President was right after all.
    http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/template.cfm?name=Reaganright

    > "Catsup is a vegetable." -- E Butz, Sec of Ag. on reducing
    > school lunches.

    Butz never said it. You fabricated it.

    > "Jesus is coming soon." so why save environment? -- J
    > Watts, Sec of Int.

    You took Watt out of context. He didn't say what you're
    trying to make him appear to have said. You fabricated it.

    The name is Watt, not "Watts". You stupid shitbag.

    > "Off the shelf operation." -- Casey, DCIA Iran-Contra
    > black ops warrior "I did it and I'm Glad." -- Ollie North,
    > traitor and thief "I don't remember. (wink, wink)" -- R
    > Reagan under investigation. "I was out of the loop." VP
    > GHW Bush. (I know nothing. noth-thing.)
    >
    > The Reagan administration was the most corrupt in US
    > history.

    No, it wasn't. Not even close.

    > [snip remaining rabidly partisan foam and blah-blah-blah]

    You just don't get it. You don't have to *like* what Reagan
    did in order to judge him great. I don't like most of what
    FDR and LBJ did, but there is no escaping the fact that
    those two fundamentally changed the policy landscape.

    Reagan did so at least as much. In the L.A. Times today
    (Sunday, 06/06), their political analyst Ronald Brownstein
    quotes a Democrat who sums it up succinctly and correctly:

    During the New Deal period ushered in by Roosevelt, "the
    burden of proof was on those who tried to argue that
    government should not act," said veteran Democratic
    strategist Bill Galston. "But in the era of Reagan,
    which I think we are still in, the burden of proof is on
    those who think the government should act. And if you
    bear the burden of proof, you have the problem."

    http://tinyurl.com/23vdq

    I was just about 28 years old for the election of 1980, and
    I remember it and the next few years very vividly. Reagan
    DID, fundamentally, change the terms of debate. For 50 years
    before Reagan, the government-knows-best statists of the
    Democratic party controlled the debate. There were lone
    dissenters who argued that government didn't know best and
    that we didn't need a nanny state, but the statists
    condescendingly dismissed them with arrogant, patronizing
    chuckles, and got away with it.

    Reagan almost singlehandedly put a stop to that. Very
    suddenly, the statists were on the intellectual defensive,
    and it showed. Man, did it show! They simply didn't know how
    to deal with being outsiders, after 50 years of unchallenged
    power. This sudden dumping explains all the futile vitriol
    directed toward Reagan. Reagan didn't actually DO anything
    that merited the vitriol, except that he stopped the
    statists from doing what they wanted to do.

    That's a great accomplishment, whether or not you like it.

    As Galston notes, we ARE still in the era of Ronald Reagan.
    Presidents Hillary and Bill Clinton learned that when they
    got the LIVING SHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM (YEAH!) on their
    attempt to nationalize health care. If Reagan hadn't changed
    the terms of debate, Billary would have won on health care,
    and we would today be waiting 6-9 months for coronary bypass
    surgery, three years for a flu shot, and everyone with
    eyeglasses would be wearing the Kurt Rambis model with 8-year-
    old prescriptions.

    You can thank Reagan for the 1996 welfare reform act,
    California's 1996 Proposition 209 (outlawed affirmative
    action) and 1998 Proposition 227 (outlawed bilingual
    education), all truly good and outstanding measures. Reagan
    created the framework that allowed those measures to be
    conceived and win.

    Reagan, both Roosevelts, Wilson and Johnson: those were the
    great U.S. presidents of the 20th century. Nixon came close,
    but didn't fundamentally change anything. No one else came
    close, most especially John Kennedy; give Kennedy some
    credit, though, for staring down the Russians in 1962.

  14. Rick Etter

    Rick Etter Guest

    "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I suppose you're also a Bush fan - the Texas Mass Murderer
    > turned international genocidist?
    > ====================
    Unlike J. 'effing' Kkkerrry, I don't beleive that the Pres
    has admitted to commiting war crimes.

    Too bad you can't say the same for your guy.

    > "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news-
    > :[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Anonymouse Unbeknownst" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    > > ==============
    > > Yeah, I'm sure you would prefer the self-admitted war
    > > criminal, kerry,
    eh
    > > killer?
    > >

    > > > "Immortalist" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > > message news:[email protected]...

    > > > satisfaction the
    Revolution,
    > > > which
    > upon
    > > > restore "the

    > > > Reagan in
    > > worked
    > > > his
    sociology,
    > > > played on
    > became
    > > > radio
    > Hollywood.
    > > > During

    > > > Maureen and
    Davis,
    > > who
    > > > was
    > > > Prescott.

    > > > disputes over
    > shifted
    > > > from
    > > > becoming a
    > > California
    > > > by a

    > > chose
    > > > as his
    > > George
    > > > Bush.
    > > Americans
    > > > in
    electoral
    > > > votes to

    > shot
    > > by
    > grace
    > > > and wit

    > > stimulate
    > > > national
    > > > expenditures,
    > led
    > > > to a

    > win
    > > > second
    > > turned
    > > > away

    > > > eliminated many
    > end
    > > of
    > > > his
    of
    > > > peacetime

    strength."
    > > > During his
    > > improve
    > leader
    > > > Mikhail
    > > intermediate-range
    > > > nuclear
    sending
    > > > American
    involved
    > in
    > > > an

    free
    > > flow
    > > > of oil
    gave
    > > > support to

    > goal
    > > of
    > > > peace

    > > > ------

  15. Another rightie bites the dust <plonk!>

    news:6oFwc.16219$%[email protected]_s04...