conditions of trail for 24 hours of Moab?

Bigfaceworm

Guest
All,

Some friends and I are thinking of doing the 24 hours of
Moab this year. However, my brother heard it's a 15-mile lap
that's almost completely sand.

Is it true? Please tell me it's not - I can handle a little
sand, but I don't want to ride even 5 miles in the sand.
Poison Spider Mesa can be a drag when it's sandy, and that
sand is less than 1/4 of the ride.

reports?

thanks,

BFW

bigfaceworm wrote:
> All,
>
> Some friends and I are thinking of doing the 24 hours of
> Moab this year. However, my brother heard it's a 15-mile
> lap that's almost completely sand.
>
> Is it true? Please tell me it's not - I can handle a
> little sand, but I don't want to ride even 5 miles in the
> sand. Poison Spider Mesa can be a drag when it's sandy,
> and that sand is less than 1/4 of the ride.
>

> reports?

here's an excellent report for you:
http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html