Cone and seal for older Shimano Exage rear hub?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Boyd Speerschne, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. I'm looking to replace the drive-side cone (Shimano part #Y2200851) in an older rear Exage hub
    (FH-HG50). I'm also looking for the non-drive side dust coves for the same hub (Shimano part
    #Y2480500). I haven't found them on the web, though I've searched pretty extensively. I live in the
    USA. Thanks in advance,
    - Boyd S.

    Tags:

  2. Dougc

    Dougc Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm looking to replace the drive-side cone (Shimano part #Y2200851) in an older rear Exage hub
    > (FH-HG50). I'm also looking for the non-drive side dust coves for the same hub (Shimano part
    > #Y2480500). I haven't found them on the web, though I've searched pretty extensively. I live in
    > the USA. Thanks in advance,
    > - Boyd S.

    You might want to confirm this with Sheldon, but these look like they might be the right parts
    for your hub:

    Left rear cone: http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=HU1624

    Right rear cone: http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=HU1660

    Not sure about a dust cap, though.

    I have found that the QBP search featured on the Harris website and others does not seem to find
    everything. I just search for "cone" and then look at each possible candidate for details.

    You can also email Wheels Mfg. They got back to me within a day with some part #s I was having
    trouble tracking down.