Conflict Of Interests

Nuxx Bar

Guest
In the areas covered by councils which carry out "decriminalised"
parking enforcement (a blatant anti-motorist measure, as it was fairer
when the police did it, since the aim was to keep traffic moving
rather than make money), the following things true. To me, this
represents a conflict of interests, and the motorist suffers. Will
the trolls agree that this conflict of interests is unfair, or will
they confirm that they like life to be difficult for the motorist by
refusing to do so?

- Councils impose parking restrictions as they please, whether they
are justified or not (e.g. yellow lines, residents' bays, etc).

- Councils make money from enforcing these restrictions.

Outrageous.

"Nuxx Bar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In the areas covered by councils which carry out "decriminalised"
> parking enforcement (a blatant anti-motorist measure, as it was fairer
> when the police did it, since the aim was to keep traffic moving
> rather than make money), the following things true. To me, this
> represents a conflict of interests, and the motorist suffers. Will
> the trolls agree that this conflict of interests is unfair, or will
> they confirm that they like life to be difficult for the motorist by
> refusing to do so?
>
> - Councils impose parking restrictions as they please, whether they
> are justified or not (e.g. yellow lines, residents' bays, etc).
>
> - Councils make money from enforcing these restrictions.
>
> Outrageous.

The big conflict of interest is repeatedly posting about motoring in a
cycling newsgroup. You're interested. we're not.

"Nuxx Bar" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Outrageous.

You still here?

Tim

--
We got a thousand points of light | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
For the homeless man | All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org

> "Nuxx Bar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>Something...

Can anyone translate this to English?

On 17 Apr, 23:22, "Rob Oldfield" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Nuxx Bar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >Something...

> Can anyone translate this to English?

I only drive a few miles every week, and that is by choice so I don't
feel I can have an opinion on this. I'm on this board because I ama
cyclist, not somebody who drives once a week.

On Apr 17, 6:36 pm, Nuxx Bar <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Councils make money from enforcing these restrictions.<<

Which they then have to spend on the roads.

>>Outrageous<<

Not.

Calum

In news:fd6513e3-fec1-4170-bfb7-36fdcc31c349@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com,
calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> On Apr 17, 6:36 pm, Nuxx Bar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> Councils make money from enforcing these restrictions.<<

> Which they then have to spend on the roads.

And if you object to this, why not just comply with the "restrictions"?

--
Dave Larrington
Emperor of ice-cream.

On Apr 17, 6:36 pm, Nuxx Bar <[email protected]> wrote:
> In the areas covered by councils which carry out "decriminalised"
> parking enforcement (a blatant anti-motorist measure, as it was fairer
> when the police did it, since the aim was to keep traffic moving
> rather than make money), the following things true.  To me, this
> represents a conflict of interests, and the motorist suffers.  Will
> the trolls agree that this conflict of interests is unfair, or will
> they confirm that they like life to be difficult for the motorist by
> refusing to do so?
>
> - Councils impose parking restrictions as they please, whether they
> are justified or not (e.g. yellow lines, residents' bays, etc).
>
> - Councils make money from enforcing these restrictions.
>
> Outrageous.

Relax, Try some Yoga (or something). There must be better ways of
blowing off steam than venting spleen to a cycling newsgroup every
day?

Regards,

Duncan

On Apr 18, 1:29 pm, Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Relax,  Try some Yoga (or something).  There must be better ways of
> blowing off steam than venting spleen to a cycling newsgroup every
> day?

Do you think he believes his own material or is he just 'avin' a larf?
As both alternatives seem equally unlikely I can't decide.

--
Dave...

"Nuxx Bar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In the areas covered by councils which carry out "decriminalised"
> parking enforcement (a blatant anti-motorist measure, as it was fairer
> when the police did it, since the aim was to keep traffic moving
> rather than make money), the following things true. To me, this
> represents a conflict of interests, and the motorist suffers. Will
> the trolls agree that this conflict of interests is unfair, or will
> they confirm that they like life to be difficult for the motorist by
> refusing to do so?

I park in our city centre legally for free, so have never had a ticket and
couldn't care less about parking fines since I've never had one in 32 years.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

On Apr 18, 10:32 am, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Innews:fd6513e3-fec1-4170-bfb7-36fdcc31c349@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com,
> calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

> > Which they then have to spend on the roads.

> And if you object to this, why not just comply with the "restrictions"?

Mr Larrington,

I'm not sure if you're addressing that question to me or the Nuxx.
Could you clarify?

Calum

In news:0e084217-4c45-4385-9fef-a67e72863a0d@a22g2000hsc.googlegroups.com,
calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> On Apr 18, 10:32 am, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Innews:fd6513e3-fec1-4170-bfb7-36fdcc31c349@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com,
>> calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

>>> Which they then have to spend on the roads.

>> And if you object to this, why not just comply with the
>> "restrictions"?

> Mr Larrington,
>
> I'm not sure if you're addressing that question to me or the Nuxx.
> Could you clarify?

To El Trollo - it fell foul of my **** filter ages ago. Appypollyloggies
for any confusion.

--
Dave Larrington
All your call centre are belong to us.

In news:0e084217-4c45-4385-9fef-a67e72863a0d@a22g2000hsc.googlegroups.com,
calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> On Apr 18, 10:32 am, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Innews:fd6513e3-fec1-4170-bfb7-36fdcc31c349@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com,
>> calum <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

>>> Which they then have to spend on the roads.

>> And if you object to this, why not just comply with the
>> "restrictions"?

> Mr Larrington,
>
> I'm not sure if you're addressing that question to me or the Nuxx.
> Could you clarify?

Clarification: I'm agreeing with you...

--
Dave Larrington
The best way to confuse a Daily Mail reader is to tell it that

dkahn400 <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 1:29 pm, Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Relax, Try some Yoga (or something). There must be better ways of
> > blowing off steam than venting spleen to a cycling newsgroup every
> > day?

> Do you think he believes his own material or is he just 'avin' a larf?
> As both alternatives seem equally unlikely I can't decide.
>
> --
> Dave...

my vote is for not quite right upstairs to be blunt. while people do
seem to get emotional over cameras, he's way too parnoid.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com