Confused by trade names

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Chris Mooney, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Chris Mooney

    Chris Mooney Guest

    Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
    synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis means
    that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA or
    Timbuktu. Any clues?

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    Bike Rider On Line. Their advertisers and reviews cover all major brands.

    Search for the name you'll get there.

  3. "Chris Mooney" skrev...
    [q1]> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable[/q1]
    [q1]> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis[/q1]
    [q1]> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA[/q1]
    [q1]> or Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q1]

    http://www.bentrideronline.com/ has buyers guide and product reviews.

    http://www.liegerad.com/hersteller/ will tell you where the company is located and what types of
    recumbent they make. (short wheel base, long wheel base etc.)

    Mikael

    [q1]> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable[/q1]
    [q1]> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis[/q1]
    [q1]> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA[/q1]
    [q1]> or Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q1]

    Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
    http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Chris Mooney

    Chris Mooney Guest

    Thanks to all of you who have responded on this query. It's a big help. All I need now is the
    cash! Chris

    Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication[/q2]
    that
    [q2]> > has a reasonable synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's[/q2]
    [q2]> > international basis means that for me in[/q2]
    the
    [q2]> > UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,[/q2]
    USA or
    [q2]> > Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site[/q1]
    [q1]> http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org[/q1]
    [q1]> - Bellaire, TX USA -[/q1]

  6. Chris Mooney

    Chris Mooney Guest

    BentJay <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Chris,[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> All you need is the cash? That's easy. Just tell your wife you want to buy a $2000 adult toy. I'm[/q1]
    [q1]> sure she'll go for it![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> BentJay[/q1]

    Ah there is a fatal flaw in that ruse. The last time I had such a notion concerning an open top
    sports car she ended up driving it practically every day of the week for work and I only get to
    drive it on a European motoring holiday once a year! Recently we hired 2 standard bikes whilst on
    holiday. It's been 45 years since she last got off a bike. She hadn't moved out of the hire yard
    before she fell off and damaged her shoulder. She's vowed she will never ride another. So you see
    it's not permission I need. Just the cash!

  7. Chris Mooney <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
    : synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
    : means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA
    : or Timbuktu.

    You could order online and have any bent anywhere. Though the price goes up if it's exported.

    Maybe you are really looking for local dealers? There is at least Bikefix in UK:
    http://www.bikefix.co.uk/

    Another idea is to take a trip to the Netherlands which have a quite good supply of recumbents.

    For manufacturer websites, have a look at
    http://www.ihpva.org/SourceGuide/Vehicles/index.html#recumbents and
    http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/bents/

    Keep reading and in a few months you will most of the time recognize the model from the cryptic
    messages here ;)

  8. Chris Mooney <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]

  9. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
    >> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
    >> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,
    >> USA or Timbuktu. Any clues?
    >
    > Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
    > http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

    People on both sides of the pond(s) often refer to places and things in such a familar fashion that
    many times I have to ask "Where in hell is that?" I did eventually figure out that Battle Mountain
    is in Nevada, USA. I like Velovision for a Euro-centric perspective http://www.velovision.co.uk/
    cheers, rorschandt

  10. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
    >> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
    >> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,
    >> USA or Timbuktu. Any clues?
    >
    > Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
    > http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

    People on both sides of the pond(s) often refer to places and things in such a familar fashion that
    many times I have to ask "Where in hell is that?" I did eventually figure out that Battle Mountain
    is in Nevada, USA. I like Velovision for a Euro-centric perspective http://www.velovision.co.uk/
    cheers, rorschandt

  11. Bentjay

    Bentjay Guest

    Chris,

    All you need is the cash? That's easy. Just tell your wife you want to buy a $2000 adult toy. I'm
    sure she'll go for it!

    BentJay

  12. Bentjay

    Bentjay Guest