Confused by trade names

Chris Mooney

Guest
Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis means
that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA or
Timbuktu. Any clues?

Chris

Bike Rider On Line. Their advertisers and reviews cover all major brands.

Search for the name you'll get there.

"Chris Mooney" skrev...
[q1]> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable[/q1]
[q1]> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis[/q1]
[q1]> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA[/q1]
[q1]> or Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q1]

http://www.bentrideronline.com/ has buyers guide and product reviews.

http://www.liegerad.com/hersteller/ will tell you where the company is located and what types of
recumbent they make. (short wheel base, long wheel base etc.)

Mikael

[q1]> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable[/q1]
[q1]> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis[/q1]
[q1]> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA[/q1]
[q1]> or Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q1]

Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Thanks to all of you who have responded on this query. It's a big help. All I need now is the
cash! Chris

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q1]
[q2]> > Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication[/q2]
that
[q2]> > has a reasonable synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's[/q2]
[q2]> > international basis means that for me in[/q2]
the
[q2]> > UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,[/q2]
USA or
[q2]> > Timbuktu. Any clues?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site[/q1]
[q1]> http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org[/q1]
[q1]> - Bellaire, TX USA -[/q1]

BentJay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Chris,[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> All you need is the cash? That's easy. Just tell your wife you want to buy a $2000 adult toy. I'm[/q1]
[q1]> sure she'll go for it![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> BentJay[/q1]

Ah there is a fatal flaw in that ruse. The last time I had such a notion concerning an open top
sports car she ended up driving it practically every day of the week for work and I only get to
drive it on a European motoring holiday once a year! Recently we hired 2 standard bikes whilst on
holiday. It's been 45 years since she last got off a bike. She hadn't moved out of the hire yard
before she fell off and damaged her shoulder. She's vowed she will never ride another. So you see
it's not permission I need. Just the cash!

Chris Mooney <[email protected]> wrote:
: Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
: synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
: means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe, USA
: or Timbuktu.

You could order online and have any bent anywhere. Though the price goes up if it's exported.

Maybe you are really looking for local dealers? There is at least Bikefix in UK:
http://www.bikefix.co.uk/

Another idea is to take a trip to the Netherlands which have a quite good supply of recumbents.

For manufacturer websites, have a look at
http://www.ihpva.org/SourceGuide/Vehicles/index.html#recumbents and
http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/bents/

Keep reading and in a few months you will most of the time recognize the model from the cryptic
messages here ;)

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
>> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
>> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,
>> USA or Timbuktu. Any clues?
>
> Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
> http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

People on both sides of the pond(s) often refer to places and things in such a familar fashion that
many times I have to ask "Where in hell is that?" I did eventually figure out that Battle Mountain
is in Nevada, USA. I like Velovision for a Euro-centric perspective http://www.velovision.co.uk/
cheers, rorschandt

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>> Help a confused would be bent driver. Is there a reliable publication that has a reasonable
>> synopsis of the current makes and models? Reading this ng because of it's international basis
>> means that for me in the UK I don't know if I'm looking at something that's sold here, Europe,
>> USA or Timbuktu. Any clues?
>
> Here is a UK Source http://www.bikefix.co.uk Then there is Dave Larrington's Web site
> http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/

People on both sides of the pond(s) often refer to places and things in such a familar fashion that
many times I have to ask "Where in hell is that?" I did eventually figure out that Battle Mountain
is in Nevada, USA. I like Velovision for a Euro-centric perspective http://www.velovision.co.uk/
cheers, rorschandt

Chris,

All you need is the cash? That's easy. Just tell your wife you want to buy a $2000 adult toy. I'm
sure she'll go for it!

BentJay

Chris,