Congrats to the eagles.

tiogar

Jul 14, 2006
A total of 9 men were champions of the 7 HC and 8 premier categorie climbs during this years mountain stages adding their names to one of sports greatest rolls of honour.

Dessel: Le Soudet and le marie-blanque
de la Fuente: Le tourmalet, Le peyresourde, le portillon
Wegmann: L'Aspin
Menchov: Puerto de beret
Garzelli: L'Izoard
Sxhleck: L'Alpe d'huez
Rasmussen: Le galibier, le croix-de-fer, La Toussiere. Felicatations au roi!
Halgand: Les Saisies
Landis: la colombiere, le Joux-plane.

Of these menchov, schleck, rasmussen and landis won mountain stages with Mercado winning another.

My congrats to the men of courage, les grimpeurs champions qui ont faisait les vols des aigles.

tiogar said:
A total of 9 men were champions of the 7 HC and 8 premier categorie climbs during this years mountain stages adding their names to one of sports greatest rolls of honour.

Dessel: Le Soudet and le marie-blanque
de la Fuente: Le tourmalet, Le peyresourde, le portillon
Wegmann: L'Aspin
Menchov: Puerto de beret
Garzelli: L'Izoard
Sxhleck: L'Alpe d'huez
Rasmussen: Le galibier, le croix-de-fer, La Toussiere. Felicatations au roi!
Halgand: Les Saisies
Landis: la colombiere, le Joux-plane.

Of these menchov, schleck, rasmussen and landis won mountain stages with Mercado winning another.

My congrats to the men of courage, les grimpeurs champions qui ont faisait les vols des aigles.

A very nice list - and a good post too.

For me the grimpeurs are the main point of interest in most GT's.
Rasmussen's stage (and I think it is fair to refer to it as Rasmussens stage)
in my opinion was superb.

Garzelli winning at Izoard was very good too, as was Landis endeavours.

I agree with you limerickman about the mountains being the very heart of Le Tour. For me winning over one of the famous cols - a galibier or a madeleine for example - is as prestigious as winning a stage and equals a win is one of the classics. that is just my view.

Rasmussen's polka dot this year is more impressive than last. this year he won over 2 hors categorie climbs, le galibier and le Croix-de-fer compared to no such wins last year and his exploit in stage 16 was epic. 80 points on one day is a great exploit.