Congrats to the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team!

Ronde Champ

Guest
Hey,

Deep, heartfelt congratulations to each and every member of the US
Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on a great historic run. Special
congratulations to Lance Armstrong on an incredible record 6 Tour de
France wins, and to all the team members (past and present) who
supported these 6 victories. This success is also the result of all
the great work by all the staff and management since the very
beginning.
Thanks for all the memories, and the gifts your success has brought
us all. Your efforts have once again placed cycling in the mainstream
in the States, and no doubtedly inspired many many thousands of
juniors, children, as well as given hope to millions suffering through
the terrible diseases that cancer are.
Good luck to everyone involved in this success. May you long cherish
the memories of the time, and have many more victories in your lives.

We are all so lucky to have experienced such a ride. Some would call
it being in the right place at the right time. I would just call it
right.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
higher than twice.)

Here, here, I second you coments 1000%...

--
Regards,
FaHeL

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Deep, heartfelt congratulations to each and every member of the US
> Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on a great historic run. Special
> congratulations to Lance Armstrong on an incredible record 6 Tour de
> France wins, and to all the team members (past and present) who
> supported these 6 victories. This success is also the result of all
> the great work by all the staff and management since the very
> beginning.
> Thanks for all the memories, and the gifts your success has brought
> us all. Your efforts have once again placed cycling in the mainstream
> in the States, and no doubtedly inspired many many thousands of
> juniors, children, as well as given hope to millions suffering through
> the terrible diseases that cancer are.
> Good luck to everyone involved in this success. May you long cherish
> the memories of the time, and have many more victories in your lives.
>
> We are all so lucky to have experienced such a ride. Some would call
> it being in the right place at the right time. I would just call it
> right.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
> higher than twice.)

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Deep, heartfelt congratulations to each and every member of the US
> Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on a great historic run. Special
> congratulations to Lance Armstrong on an incredible record 6 Tour de
> France wins, and to all the team members (past and present) who
> supported these 6 victories. This success is also the result of all
> the great work by all the staff and management since the very
> beginning.
> Thanks for all the memories, and the gifts your success has brought
> us all. Your efforts have once again placed cycling in the mainstream
> in the States, and no doubtedly inspired many many thousands of
> juniors, children, as well as given hope to millions suffering through
> the terrible diseases that cancer are.
> Good luck to everyone involved in this success. May you long cherish
> the memories of the time, and have many more victories in your lives.
>
> We are all so lucky to have experienced such a ride. Some would call
> it being in the right place at the right time. I would just call it
> right.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
> higher than twice.)

Bye Ronde,

Nice farewell piece.

B-

Good post RC. You have articulated it well. Glad this race is over but
will miss the morning action.

U.S. Postal Cycling Team is the Greatest. One of the finest cycling team
efforts I have witnesses. It was an honor to be a distant spectator.

Ken @ Kauai

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Deep, heartfelt congratulations to each and every member of the US
> Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on a great historic run. Special
> congratulations to Lance Armstrong on an incredible record 6 Tour de
> France wins, and to all the team members (past and present) who
> supported these 6 victories. This success is also the result of all
> the great work by all the staff and management since the very
> beginning.
> Thanks for all the memories, and the gifts your success has brought
> us all. Your efforts have once again placed cycling in the mainstream
> in the States, and no doubtedly inspired many many thousands of
> juniors, children, as well as given hope to millions suffering through
> the terrible diseases that cancer are.
> Good luck to everyone involved in this success. May you long cherish
> the memories of the time, and have many more victories in your lives.
>
> We are all so lucky to have experienced such a ride. Some would call
> it being in the right place at the right time. I would just call it
> right.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
> higher than twice.)

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Deep, heartfelt congratulations to each and every member of the US
> Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on a great historic run. Special
> congratulations to Lance Armstrong on an incredible record 6 Tour de
> France wins, and to all the team members (past and present) who
> supported these 6 victories. This success is also the result of all
> the great work by all the staff and management since the very
> beginning.
> Thanks for all the memories, and the gifts your success has brought
> us all. Your efforts have once again placed cycling in the mainstream
> in the States, and no doubtedly inspired many many thousands of
> juniors, children, as well as given hope to millions suffering through
> the terrible diseases that cancer are.
> Good luck to everyone involved in this success. May you long cherish
> the memories of the time, and have many more victories in your lives.
>
> We are all so lucky to have experienced such a ride. Some would call
> it being in the right place at the right time. I would just call it
> right.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
> higher than twice.)

- I agree. I've been supporting Armstrong since the days of 'Winning
Illustrated'; predicted he was going win in the 95 race (OK, bit out
there!), but it was great to see him win today- thought he was mature this
year, nearly adopting the Hinault patron role.
- RC, best of luck mate, and thank you for joining in on our journey. I can
honestly say that you have made me smile more than punch the keyboard.

Simon

"Ronde Champ" wrote...

> Ronde Champ (final post ever, from a guy who Ryan Crissey placed
> higher than twice.)

See you next July.

It's great that the "US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team and Lance
Armstrong has won a record 6th Tour de France. But once has to look at
two problems:

1. The US Postal Service doesn't sell one extra stamp because of the
cash they pour into sponsoring this event and they don't have the
extra money to be doing this. That money has to be reinvesting into
service.. not sponsoring sporting events.

2. While great at cycling, Lance Armstrong is perceived to mean,
arrogant, rude, and pushy by most people, even Americans. I don't
blame the French for not liking him. He is not a nice person who is
easy to warm up to and it comes across on camera BIG TIME.

It's hard to have a "Hero" that is not a likeable person. This really
hurts him and put a damper on the team.

I'm sure you will grace us with the research to back up what you saying.
Subaru seems to differ with you. Same for Powerbar and other personal
sponsors who don't seem to think the public perceives him as you do. OLN
didn't seem ashamed of his image as they plastered it all over their
coverage. I'm no Lance fan but you gotta makes more sense than THIS to
convince anybody.
So, let's see the research on his "image."

On 26 Jul 2004 08:57:52 -0700, [email protected] (Ryan) wrote:

>2. While great at cycling, Lance Armstrong is perceived to mean,
>arrogant, rude, and pushy by most people, even Americans. I don't
>blame the French for not liking him. He is not a nice person who is
>easy to warm up to and it comes across on camera BIG TIME.

You and your invisible friend are in full agreement on this one?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

[email protected] (Ryan) wrote:

>It's hard to have a "Hero" that is not a likeable person.

That's your problem.. Why is "likeable" relevant to his
accomplishments? To be on his level of athletic accomplishment, given
the focus, determination, time commitment, and dedication required,
you pretty much have to be a self-centered **** on top of a genetic
mutant.

Get cancer and survive, then see whether or not "likeability" matters
to the inspiration.

>This really
>hurts him and put a damper on the team.

The team likes him. Then again, many of them are also dicks.
--dt

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Ryan) wrote:
>
> >It's hard to have a "Hero" that is not a likeable person.

> That's your problem.. Why is "likeable" relevant to his
> accomplishments? To be on his level of athletic accomplishment, given
> the focus, determination, time commitment, and dedication required,
> you pretty much have to be a self-centered **** on top of a genetic
> mutant.
>
> Get cancer and survive, then see whether or not "likeability" matters
> to the inspiration.
>
> >This really
> >hurts him and put a damper on the team.

> The team likes him. Then again, many of them are also dicks.
> --dt

Before flushing you ---

Some people, using your logic, would say that Buggsy Segal accomplished a
great deal, too, including intimidating (eliminating ?) witnesses. Another
of your favorties ??

"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Before flushing you ---
>
>Some people, using your logic, would say that Buggsy Segal accomplished a
>great deal, too, including intimidating (eliminating ?) witnesses. Another
>of your favorties ??

YOU flush ME? How do you make the leap from athletes with an attitude
to criminals who kill people? Gimme a break.

Try this before I flush you: Ted Williams was also a hero of mine:
best pure hitter in the history of baseball, war hero, notorious ****.

Being a self centered **** doesn't diminish someone's athletic
accomplishments. Athletes are not admired because they are warm and
fuzzy people you would want to hang out with. They have not made a
contract with the world to be role models of proper behavior. Ask
Charles Barclay. They are not teachers, priests, or political
leaders.

They are simply people with physical gifts which far exceed those of
mere mortals like you and me, and are admired for their athletic
accomplishments. Period. Nothing more. Lance also happens to be an
inspiration for people who have, as he has, survived cancer to live
and prosper.

He never signed on to be yours or anybody else's hero or role model,
and if he wants to be a ****, that's his prerogative and your problem
if you don't like it. It's not like he running for office looking for
your vote. He doesn't need you. He need his bike and his team.

--dt