Congrats

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Martin Bulmer, Feb 17, 2006.

  1. http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1726549.html?menu=news.quirkies

    Ananova:
    Blind man completes 25-mile bike race

    A blind South African man has set a new world record by finishing a 25 mile
    cycle race.

    Hein Wagner finished the gruelling Construction du Cap Ninety Niner race
    around Durbanville in under two hours.

    Wagner followed a friend with a noise-making device attached to the back of
    his bicycle.

    And he was followed by two other cyclists, to warn him of any dangers, and a
    vehicle with a sign warning motorists that he was blind.

    "Emotionally it was very draining," said Mr Wagner. "I had to concentrate
    really hard for the sake of my safety and that of other cyclists and road
    users."

    Mr Wagner is now planning a solo skydive.

    --

    Martin Bulmer

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Martin Bulmer wrote:

    > http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1726549.html?menu=news.quirkies
    >
    > Ananova:
    > Blind man completes 25-mile bike race
    >
    > A blind South African man has set a new world record by finishing a 25 mile
    > cycle race.
    >
    > Wagner followed a friend with a noise-making device attached to the back of
    > his bicycle.

    Terrific.

    But I bet he wasn't wearing an iPod ;-)

    John B