Congresman Eyes Tax Breaks for Cyclists

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cycle America/N, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Raymo853

    Raymo853 Guest

  3. I doubt that tax breaks will do much to promote bicycling. However, tax breaks for "bicyclists" are
    likely to increase the number of people who say they are cyclists in order to get whatever break is
    involved. I'm sceptical.

    "Raymo853" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Nice to see such an idea make it to the US Congress. Too bad it more than likely will not
    > come to be.
    >
    > "Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:260320032143158586%[email protected]...
    > >

    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20030323/ap_on_go_c
    > o/
    > > pedal_paradox&e=1

  4. Austinboston

    Austinboston Guest

    Ron Wallenfang wrote:
    > I doubt that tax breaks will do much to promote bicycling. However,
    tax
    > breaks for "bicyclists" are likely to increase the number of people
    who say
    > they are cyclists in order to get whatever break is involved. I'm sceptical.

    I could see this leading to a new class of "cyclists"...ones who oppose the use of tax money for
    anything to do with cycling (such as lanes or education)...because they never actually ride.

    Austin
    --
    There are no X's in my email address.