Congresman Eyes Tax Breaks for Cyclists

I doubt that tax breaks will do much to promote bicycling. However, tax breaks for "bicyclists" are
likely to increase the number of people who say they are cyclists in order to get whatever break is
involved. I'm sceptical.

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
> I doubt that tax breaks will do much to promote bicycling. However,
tax
> breaks for "bicyclists" are likely to increase the number of people
who say
> they are cyclists in order to get whatever break is involved. I'm sceptical.

I could see this leading to a new class of "cyclists"...ones who oppose the use of tax money for
anything to do with cycling (such as lanes or education)...because they never actually ride.

Austin
--
There are no X's in my email address.